Community post

Discussion

Coming off BCP and Irregular Cycle

I read years ago some women have a difficult time getting their bodies to regulate after coming off the pill. I had been on it for nearly 10 years, so I decided to stop. Sure enough no period for 6 months and by time I was able to get to a doctor I had gotten a period. The doctor had lab work done and suggested I do an ultrasound for PCOS. Everything came back clear and she wanted to put me back on the pill. Against my better judgement I agreed.

Two years later coming off bcp and TTC and my cycles are all over the place. They last anywhere from 26-55+ days, which makes it super frustrating to figure out when/if I ovulate. I've gotten a new doctor and I have a month until I go in.

Has anyone else had problems coming off the pill? I feel extremely frustrated with my body.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

When I first came off of BCPs my period was perfect for 2 cycles, and then they took a major leap in length. First cycle off of BCPs was 27 days, then 28 days, then 34, then 40, then 35. I decided that I really needed to use OPKs so that I could visually see when my body was ovulating because with my cycle being all over the place there was such a small chance of doing the deed at the right time just by happenstance.

I highly suggest using OPKs. I credit them for helping me to get pregnant on my 6th cycle of trying. I had a positive OPK and did the deed and 2 weeks later... pregnant!

I completely understand the frustration. I am back on BCPs now that I am not trying to get pregnant for at least a year and a half and am nervous of what will happen again once I stop taking them. I definitely know that I will be using OPKs again.

I should also mention that I had been planning on going to my doctor to speak with her about my erratic cycles and that it was making it difficult to get pregnant because I had no idea when I was ovulating, but after using the OPK I got pregnant before I had the chance to go to the doctor.

Wanna hear a joke about pizza? Nah, it's too cheesy.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo