Community post

Discussion

Coming off the pill...

Hi guys! My last period was Dec 29th 2016 and I took my last pack of the pill prior to that. Since approx Jan 9th I have been feeling extremely exhausted, weak, having cramps and abdominal pains and more recently feeling nauseous. I took a pregnancy test today as my period was due today and didnt show which is unusual as is normally super regular to the hour.

I am just wondering have I not had my period yet because I am just after coming off the pill last month or is it too early to tell if I could possibly be pregnant even though the test was negative.
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Planning on going to the doc in the next few days.

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi there I know from my experience coming off the pill at the end of November 2016 and having a 28 day cycle I too thought I may be pregnant bcuz my period was three days light. It did end up coming probably since it was just trying to get the pill out of my system and being on it since the birth of my daughter in 2011. That might be the reason why ur period is late or you could indeed be pregnant . Good luck :) also if your period doesn't return in a week I would try testing again

7 years ago

Thanks for that Elisa1990 nice ro get someone elses opinion. I would have thought the chances of getting pregnant just after coming off the pill would be quite slim but it seems to be dependant on each individual.
Will try again next week if I dont have my monthly visitor by then.

7 years ago • Post starter

Not a problem glad I could help ..but people have gotten pregnant after coming off the pill the next month that's how I had my daughter. Wish you all the luck.

7 years ago

I took pregnancy test today as AF is 4 days late. I am not sure what is going on as the test was a BFN!

How long after your expected period - when coming off the pill- did you find out you were pregnant? Maybe AF will make an appearence soon.

So frustrating! Rang the doc today and no apts avail until.next week ????

Well I thought last month when I didn't receive my period thought I was pregnant but it ended up just coming late this is really only my second cycle trying and got my bfp 3 days before af was due but I guess it depends on when implantation happened and what test you use ..

7 years ago

Thanks for that Elisa! I went to the doc today as Af is 5 days late and I had been getting negative hpts. Came out negative there too. She told me to wait until 2 weeks after AF was due to test which is thurs week. If I get a negative then I am not pregnant and to come back to her if I get a positive.

Still no sign if AF but have terrible cramps, nausea and dizziness.

Congrats on your BGP!

Thanks and fingers crossed you get yours :)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo