Community post

Discussion

DPO 10 BFN

Hi all - I've visited this website a lot over the last few weeks but just joined today.
My hubby and I have been trying for our second child for 5 months now (I'm 38). Only this past month (January) did I use OPKs and we also used preseed. I'm 10 DPO now and the only symptom I have (warning TMI!) is really bad gas, for about 5 days now. Like bad! Frequent and stinky. So embarrassing!! It's not like me to be gassy at all and I haven't changed my eating habits recently. I POAS this morning and got a BFN and am feeling discouraged.
Just wondering who else has experienced this horrible gas and also got a BFP after a BFN at 10 DPO?

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hello everyone - even though no one replied to my post lol, I thought I'd post an update.
The only symptom I had from 6 - 11dpo was gas. Then that stopped and I felt completely normal the rest of the time. I tested yesterday (14 dpo) and got a BFP! So I just wanted to say, I know there are SO many posts all over the internet about people having noticeable symptoms from 4 dpo, etc, I really think that it's more common to NOT have symptoms that early on! So don't get discouraged if you feel nothing different from "normal" :) That is my advice.

7 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations sares78 you must be thrilled!

I am 8dpo but 4 days late with AF. Thinking I ovulated late throwing everything off. Have a lot of symptoms of pregnancy and hoping for a BFP in the coming days.

Did you test in between day 10 and 14 or just those 2 days?

7 years ago

Thank you so much, I am very excited!
I didn't test between 10 dpo and 14 dpo. although I was very tempted! I logically know that the best day to test is the day AF is due (or after), so I made myself wait! I think a lot of women psych themselves out, seeing all the posts about all the symptoms people get, when in reality a lot of women get zero symptoms...I'm now 16 dpo and have no symptoms. What I do have is two BFPs :)
Best of luck!!!

Thats fantastic sares78! Delighted for you! You must be so excited.

I went to the doc today 9dpo and AF is 5 days late so obviously I ovulated late. She advised me to test on Thursday week which will be 2 weeks after my expected AF so I will have to just have to wait it out.

7 years ago

Thank you so much GinSue :) yes I know how hard it is, but patience is your best friend right now.
Best of luck on Thursday!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo