Community post

Discussion

FIRST TIME USING OPK TESTS..

SOO HERE IS THE DEAL..BEEN TRYING FOR MY LAST AND FINAL CHILD... BEEN TESTING LIKE A FREAK FOR THREE CYCLES.. CYCLE IS PRETTY REGULAR...I HAD A MC LAST JUNE THINK I HAD SOME FAINT POSITIVES LAST TWO CYCLES..SADLY AF SHOWED UP RIGHT ON TIME :( MY QUESTION IS THIS I HAVE BEEN TESTING FOR OVULATION RIGHT DURING MY FERTILE WINDOW BASED OFF MY CALENDAR..(STANDARD CALENDAR BASED OFF MY 29 DAY CYCLE,PERIOD LASTING ABOUT 5 DAYS)..BEEN DOING THE DEED EVERY OTHER DAY/ EVERY 2 DAYS BEFORE AND DAYS AFTER...SO AFTER SOME READING DECIDED THAT MAYBE IM OVULATING ON A DIFFERENT CYCLE...SO LAST DAY OF PERIOD THIS CYCLE FIGURED ID START TESTING ALL THROUGH MY CYCLE AND CHART IT..TO MY SURPRISE LAST DAY OF PERIOD LAST NIGHT AND I POPPED A POSITIVE OPK TEST? (PLZ LOOK AT MY TEST FROM LAST NIGHT ON MY PAGE)..SO I WAS SUPER EXCITED MAYBE I FIGURED OUT WHY IV BEEN MISSING IT...SO LATER THAT NIGHT MAYBE TWO HRS LATER NO DRINKING TOOK ANOTHER DEF NEGATIVE..NOT SUPER FAINT BUH NOTHING LIKE THE EARLIER TEST...AGAIN...THIS MORNING NEGATIVE.. DOES THIS HAPPEN?..CAN YOUR PERIOD POP A SURGE? SHOULD I ASSUME MAYBE I OVULATE RIGHT AFTER MY FLOW? SHOULD I KEEP TESTING AROUND THE SAME TIME I DID LAST NIGHT IT WAS AROUND 6PM..DO I CONT DOING THE DEED JUST IN CASE? OR WAIT UNTIL CONTINUED POSITIVES :( SOOOOO CONFUSED...FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED AND DEFEATED :( SOMEONE WITH THE KNOWLEDGE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN MEEE..SHOW ME THE WAYYY LOL

User Image

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

ANY ADVICE :( SADDDDDD

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

Hey there! I'm also trying OPKs for the first time this cycle. I took my first one on CD6, right after my period. Just to try it I guess and it was positive like yours (or so I thought) but then nothing for days. I did a lot of research and discovered that your test will not actually be positive until the test line is as dark or preferably DARKER than the control line. (Even if you can clearly see 2 lines) Also, I read your surge will usually come on in the morning so testing around noon-1pm (or later) is best. And try and hold your pee for at least 4 hours before testing. I have gone through dozens of tests the last few days (all had 2 lines but weren't right) then I FINALLY got my clear, obvious positive on CD 10. I tested several times through CD 11 as well and surge had ended around my last test at 10:00pm on CD11. So just keep testing and hopedully you will get a better answer soon. :) I hope I have been a little help to you. It has been really confusing figuring out these OPKs so I dont mind sharing what little ive learned so far.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo