Community post

Discussion

Moving on to IUI

Well here I am trying to conceive my first child. after months of trying I just knew there had to be something wrong with me. Why wasn't I getting pregnant!! Surely at my age it should have happened by now!! (I'm 24) So I went to get checked out again and EVERYTHING WAS FINE. My cycles were a little wacky in that they vary between 35-40 days but my doctor said I was fine and I was able to confirm ovulation every month. So I sent hubby (32) off to get a Semen analysis. I lost sleep waiting for those damn results. Finally after what seemed like eternity I received the results and it confirmed my worst nightmare, I think it would have been easier if there was something wrong with me. My husbands sperm was low, 8 million, 20% motility everything else normal. I was heartbroken but being the person that I am I gave myself a good 5 minutes to adjust to the news and jumped right into action researching what I should do. I must have called every fertility clinic in the city researching the best and I finally go to my consultation tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck. I'm wanting to know if there is anyone out there going through the same thing and if they have had any success with IUI and low sperm count/motility. I've been reading that its recommended to do IVF. I'm DEVESTATED but I'm trying to stay positive for my husband.

0 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo