Community post

Discussion

IVF Coming up in late February - First Try... anyone else?

It looks like they will be doing the egg retrieval either the week of 2/19 or 2/26. I am currently still on the 3-month lupron shot for endometriosis/adenomyosis and will be going on low dose lupron at the end of the month until they trigger me. I am getting very nervous and excited.... and at the same time DO NOT want to get my hopes up as we do not qualify for any IVF guarantee programs due to my issues and my RE doesn't seem overly confident.

Anyone else doing IVF soon?!?!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

26 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 26 Replies | Last Page

Hey! I'm currently on CD8 (7th day of stims) and looking at collection around the 18th/19th :) I'm on menopur 150 and cetrotide 0.25 at the moment with 14 follicles growing! I also have endo but wasn't put on lupron as due to my age and AMH count I'm at a higher risk of OHSS :( I have an Instagram account where I post updates on everything if you'd like to follow? @LifeWithEndo_ Let me know if you need any advice or support :)

TTC #1 since August '13. 44th cycle started 8th January '17. Currently in the process of an IVF cycle. 9 eggs collected 23rd January '17. 1 egg fertilised and looking at putting this fighter back on 25th January '17. www.lifewithendosite.wordpress.com

7 years ago

Hello! I tried making one of these and couldn't find anyone so I'm glad you started one!

After over a year of hardcore trying, tracking, and obsessing I finally went and got checked out and found out my tubes are completely blocked and not letting anything through. We went in with the intention of doing IUI and found out the ONLY way we can ever conceive is through IVF, so we pooled our funds and here we are.

I'm on my first round of IVF, I'm on day 10 of my lupron injections and I have an appointment Thursday to *hopefully* start my stim meds! Aiming for a retrieval on the 30th. Been planning and waiting for this since October, they just kept putting it off because of holidays and not being able to monitor during those days off. UGH.

What are these IVF guarantees you speak of!? There's a clinic that will guarantee it works or money back or something? That would be amazing!

7 years ago

You both must be so excited!! I feel like this wait is killing me lol.

Thank you, kellytorr! I will be sure to follow you. We've done 4 failed IUI's but our first IVF so it's nice to have the support!

Babybump89 yes there are guarantee programs!! I'm not sure where you are but Shady Grove Fertility in Maryland has a "shared risk" program. Basically, 6 IVF attempts and if you do not have success, you get your money back (minus med costs of course). RHS in Pittsburgh also has a similar program but I don't qualify for them. We decided to go with RHS because they seemed a little more focused on how to give us the best chance of this working!

7 years ago • Post starter

Kellytorr you are followed! I'm @lastchanceportage

Brandy - oh wow! 6 attempts AND money back? Thats an amazing deal. I didn't even know that existed or maybe I would have checked another fertility clinic. We were just already dealing with another branch of this clinic for something else so we went with it, but we at least get 3 tries at it. But if it doesn't work, we're out.

How are the Lupron injections affecting you ladies? Any side effects? I've noticed ever since the second day I've been a little bloated/heavy feeling down there, almost like an AF is here kind of pressure. I also gained 8lbs in 1 week which I'm completely blaming the Lupron for because I haven't done anything else different!

7 years ago

I have been fighting the weight gain!! Got a 3 month injection the end of October and have gained 5 at this point. But I have to say it has helped with my pain. But the hot flashes are hard to handle!!! Got a patch to help but then I started hurting and spotting so I figured I'll just deal with them!

Omg the hot flashes! Mine are more intense night sweats, I mean I'm sleeping in capris and tank tops and having to throw that in the wash every single day because I'm sweating through it at night. It's AWFUL. They say the stim meds just make it all worse, so I'm considering it just practice for pregnancy! Lol

I'm not sure how the different dosages work, you just got the one shot and don't have anymore? I'm having to 10u every night within the same hour, so I'm just doing 8:30pm every time

7 years ago

Yes, well my RE figured a longer term dose would help calm things down in my uterus. I will start on the low dose lupron on the 31st. But I hear you on the night sweats!!! I'm washing my sheets and night clothes daily but honestly half the time I wake up with nothing on lol. Soooooo hot. The worst part is I wake up freezing. But I'm just going to deal.... hopefully it will all be worth it *fingers crossed* a little nervous to hear the stim meds make it worse!

Yes so freezing! Probably all the sweat immediately drying to our bodies and the air hitting it lol Glad I'm not alone in that!

The long term makes sense! We decided on Halloween to do the IVF route and they started me on BC pills as soon as AF started a week later knowing they wouldn't be able to start me on any of the injections until January, so I guess 3 months of BCP did the same thing the lupron shot did, generally? I took the active pills constantly so it wasn't like the 3 weeks then break deal. They had me take those until 7 days into the Lupron, then I stopped. I've started having a little breakthrough bleeding, but definitely not enough to consider it AF (so its kind of nice not having had AF for a couple of months!).

I feel like if this DOES work my body is going to take forever to bounce back after putting all of these hormones into it!

Do you plan on giving yourself the injections? My husband wants absolutely NOTHING to do with needles so I've been giving them all to myself, but I envy those that have someone to do it for them!

7 years ago

I'm not sure on the injections yet! He is totally on board with doing them but I used to give myself allergy shots so I can't imagine this would be much worse? How are you handling it? I can't say I love needles but it really doesn't bother me. I'd rather have a shot than an inward anything!

Also, are you changing your diet at all in preparation? I am doing my best to eat healthy and follow the endometriosis diet but it is so hard! I love pizza and burgers too much! And I'm cutting out coffee as of today which makes me horribly sad lol

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo