Community post

Discussion

10DPO - 6th Try - Starting to Lose Hope

We are on our 6th month trying to conceive. Today I am 10DPO and took a home pregnancy test this morning and a faint line showed up, but then about 2 minutes later, it was gone. I am not sure what that means. I have read about 50/50 positive/negative things on the internet about this and have just decided to give up thinking about it.

We have sought help from the doctor and learned that we may have been doing some things wrong because of bad information on the internet. The doctor has confirmed I am ovulating and my boyfriend had a sperm analysis which came back normal. We really thought that this month we had a shot because we had a doctor telling us everything to do. We followed the advice to a T and confirmed ovulation with ovulation tests and had a fun week of trying.

Now, at 10DPO, I have virtually no symptoms - PMS or Pregnancy. I've gotten a car sickness feeling a few times over the past few days - a few times in a car, once woken out of a dead sleep and a few times just walking around at work, but that's about it. I also cannot stand the smell of onion or the site of eggs. But even that seems to have passed.

I'm starting to lose hope. I cannot bare the thought of having to go through this two week wait again next month, but cannot bare the thought of life without a little baby either. I hate the TWW.

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi! I'm sorry to read about what a hard time you've been having. How did this month turn out for you? Im hoping some symptoms came along (though remember not everyone experiences symptoms!) and you got some positive test results!

7 years ago

It has been a while since I logged into this sight because of the whirl wind month. Believe it or not, last month i got a bfp - however, it was short lived because it ended in miscarriage. A very early miscarriage because i started bleeding even before Aunt Flo was supposed to come. I got a positive pregnancy test and then the next day started bleeding. I went to the doctor and he confirmed with blood testing that i was pregnant (had 16 hcg) but with the bleeding and cramping i was definitely losing it. He said despite the loss it was a coup for us as a couple because we confirmed after 6 months of trying we can get the sperm and the egg to meet without help. My boyfriend had been on a low dose of medically prescribed testosterone....and we are almost sure it made him sterile. With diet, exercise, and vitamins, he got his own t level back and sperm back naturally. It was very painful for him. I felt so sorry for him....i gave him a lot of back rubs and kisses. It was very painful for him.

I am currently in the two week wait post miscarriage. The doctor put me on clomid for I guess the heck of it. He said if I wasn't pregnant in three months then he would put me on it - but my boyfriend piped up and asked if we could just take that measure now. Clomid is a whole other ball game for me. I hate hormone therapy but will do absolutely anything to get us a baby.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo