Community post

Discussion

3+ pregnancy announcements a day on social media

Hey ladies. This is my first post. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now and we've had ONE SMALL positive that turned out to be nothing. I'm trying to keep the anxiety and depression at bay but it's so difficult to see people announce their pregnancies. Like 3+ a day I'm seeing, some of which I know weren't trying or even were just trying for a month. I've been off of birth control since March of 2016 hoping to just conceive by accident but by July when we still hadn't-it's become this BIG THING that I stress about and try to fast forward through months of my life to just get to ovulation window.

We test and use pre seed. I got preg prep this month to try. I just can't even wrap my head around it. We are both so healthy. So active, etc. Yet here we are.

I know people try for years. I'm just not sure I can spend years doing this. I think I may go mad.

Any advice is welcome.

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

There's a lot of things that seem right that may actually be wrong, for example BDing everyday, multiple times a day- definitely fun but it inhibits motility and quantity of sperm. Also, it's kind of ridiculous but he may not be ejaculating at a time that your cervix is open, (you can feel it right away). As for you, tracking your ovulation is a powerful tool, and if you think of it as a chore or something that is boring or too much, look at it as fun work almost like tracking your workout. Don't let it get the best of you! Me and hubby have been trying for 8 months, were both avid gym-goers and are in excellent health, just haven't had anything. I had a False Positive this month and I cannot just tell you how sad and destroyed I was to learn I was this unlucky.

User Image

7 years ago

Social media seems to make women who aren't pregnant feel bad on a daily basis, but it happens in life too. I was at the laundromat yesterday and all of the women were so excited because someone was pregnant, someone they didn't even know. I couldn't help but wonder if anyone will ever be that happy for me. This will be my first month TTC, I have wanted a child for years but waited for the right man to come along(he took his time getting here). I am also dreading a birth announcement from a much younger cousin any day now. It seems all the girls in my family get pregnant with no effort, time will tell if I am the same. I wish you luck.

7 years ago

you are not alone in feeling that way hun...me as well. Been trying for 5 months now... and I am just overwhelmed with the TTC process. It's so emaotional - way more emotional than I ever thought it could be. That being said, we must remain hopeful and not loose heart. XX I just wanted to say you aren't alone...I hope it happens for you soon!

User image

7 years ago

I remember when I had a MC, I would cry every time I saw a pregnant woman. I just keep reminding myself God has a plan.

7 years ago

You are definitely not alone. Social media can put a lot of pressure on what should be a fun and enjoyable time in our lives. I had to exhibit some self-control (and self-care) and limit my time on social media because it was making me feel awful, when I really wanted to be happy for those who were expecting. Then here comes the younger cousins, announcing their unplanned pregnancies and fathers who have no desire to be with the mother or care for the child. Seriously? They get babies? Trust me, I completely understand where all of you are coming from. But I have to realize that their journey is not mines and when my little one(s) come along it will the perfect time for me and my husband. Hang in there! Much love and baby dust to us all.....

God's Got This

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo