Community post

Discussion

January/February IVF Buddies

View Full Post

I'm having a tough time finding a board for just women going through their IVF cycle, so I figured I would start one!

I'm 27, DH is 29. Due to some of DH's new health problems, we started banking sperm after 3 years ttc (1 year actively trying everything naturally possible) and I had a scope test done and found out my tubes are completely blocked which is our main issue. We're now on the track for IVF as that is the only way we'll be able to get pregnant.

I start Lupron shots January 6th and stim meds will start around the 19th or so. Hoping to do a retrieval end of January and a 5 day transfer the first week of Feb which will give us an October 2017 due date.

Here's hoping it works! This is my first cycle doing IVF so the nerves of giving myself all the shots is starting to get to me! If there are any other women out there within this same calendar time frame, feel free to join me in freaking out :)

56 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 56 Replies | Last Page

Babybump-- that's great to hear that you're moving forward with the donor process. I can only imagine it's a huge shift in gears but I admire your jumping back in so quickly. ?

I'm pretty over my RE to be honest; her phone call to tell me my levels dropped was mostly her telling me that "this is what happens when you don't do PGS testing". ???? She said "you should get a bleed"-- no idea how long that takes, since I'd been on PiO and estrace for a while. I'm going back in on Monday for another blood test to "make sure it's still dropping". She sounded like there was no hope, so I'm going on the assumption it's over. I'm thinking about asking to change RE's at our center but don't want things to get awkward. Hoping we can try again soon.

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

7 years ago

I feel the same way. My RE never did an AMH and is basing it all on the antral follicle count. I want to go somewhere else, but this clinic already has that history with me, knows how I respond to things, etc Plus since we stopped before the transfer stuff, we get a credit of about $2,500 towards the next cycle and we would lose that elsewhere.

I had a "bleed" this week. And goodness almighty...that's the worst AF I've ever had. They've had me on meds since November to stop a full blown AF so when this one came it was like someone was making a blood sacrifice of 20 goats or something. It also lasted about 7-8 days and it was heavy the entiiiiire time. So, brace yourself.

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump-- ohhh man. That's what I'm dreading!! I don't have cramps or anything yet... But I'm assuming with all these drugs to "build up my lining" that I'm in for something horrific. I told my husband last night that I'm afraid he's going to wake up to carnage at dome point this week. How soon after stopping your meds did it come?

TTC baby #1 via IVF! We're blogging our experience at http://www.OurIVFstories.com/

7 years ago

Thats exactly how it hit me, just middle of the night out of nowhere! I woke up around 3am cramping, but didn't "feel" anything so I just took some medicine and went back to bed. When I woke up 4 hours later I literally had to waddle to the shower because it was like someone was murdered haha

After the retrieval I did one progesterone shot on the 31st, and the bleeding started about 9 days later on the 9th. And I mean I JUST got over it yesterday

7 years ago • Post starter

Oh jeez. I guess I should be prepared. Not sure if they're going to let me do a FET right away or wait a cycle out. Hoping we can try again right away since we only made it to 5 weeks.

7 years ago

Oh my goodness, so many ups and downs! Taurio, I read your post thinking this is such great news and then read the rest of it...I'm so glad you have extra eggs - something we do not have - I'm sure the next cycle will be success!!

Babybump, I'm so glad you have a new plan that you are excited about? How long do they expect it to take before the eggs are found? And then what is the process?

I'm 6dp5dt today and still holding out, mainly because I'm terrified to get a negative result...I think I will probably cave on Saturday though at 8dpt.

7 years ago

Fingers crossed for you Violet! I got the faintest barely visible line on 5dp5dt, 6dp was the first "real" line for me. We only transferred 1 embryo. I'm under 35 so our center won't do 2.

We're definitely grateful for the frozen embryos and trying to see the silver lining. My biggest anxiety is that I've felt pretty in the dark for the majority of this process... we're at NYU fertility and it's very busy every single day. Hard to not feel like a number. I have no idea what next steps are or what the process could look like from here on out, so I'm kind of at the mercy of the REs. Going in Monday and hopefully they can give me more info on possible next steps.

7 years ago

I know exactly what you mean - we are in Northern California at what is supposed to be a very reputable center in San Jose and I totally feel like a number. It's so difficult to get a call back from a case manager sometimes, forget a doctor.

7 years ago

Ok I'm freaking out right now!!!! I just took a test bc I had too much time on my hands - literally decided in the span of 15 seconds and quickly peed on a stick bc I just wanted it to be over with...and I got a very faint POSITIVE?!?!?!?!? I cannot believe it!!!!!! I was sure it was going to be stark white!!!!

7 years ago

Congrats Violet!! Keep us posted on your beta too!

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo