Community post

Discussion

Positive Clear Blue & Negative Early FirstResponse

Hello!

I'm sharing, because I'm confused & now getting frustrated! Please let me know if anyone went through this!

I have mild PCOS my only symptom are irregular cycles, I would say my cycles would range from 35-50 days. I had my last period on Nov 9 I have no clue when I ovulated, but when I visited my Doctor on Dec 14 she did an ultrasound and said I have ovulated & probably should get my period in a day or so (she judged it based on endometrial thickness which was 11 mm.) I asked her could I be pregnant she told me to try a HPT. So on Dec 15 I tried 2 Clear Blue Easy tests and I got faint positive lines on both. (I didn't even know that exists!) I was so confused for a while. I tested again on Dec 17 using also a CLear Blue Easy and got a faint positive, but I got a NOT PREGNANT on a Clear Blue Digital! I was so confused!!! (btw I posted my faint positives on the HPT gallery & most of the votes I got were positive!)

I decided to test again on Dec 23,, but using the First Response Early test (which predicts 6 days before a period) and I got a BFN!!!! (Are these pregnancy tests reliable?)

Throughout all this I am getting all these pregnancy symptoms:
Bloated and gassy stomach, lower back pain, cramps, breakout acne (in my forehead which I never get!), fuller breasts, tingly nipples, hot flashes, stuffed nose, headaches and insanely vivid dreams about pregnancy!

It's now Dec 28 & I still didn't get my period (and that's weird, because I know that I ovulated a while back!) I wanted to do another pregnancy test today morning, but I chickened out!

I have an appointment with my Dr on Dec 31. Anyone else going through this craziness???

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

So my understanding is that blue dye tests can give false positives. I'm not great on pregnancy tests. Frer might not work though until well into pregnancy for you due to pcos. I've seen a lot of people not trust the clear blue because of the blue dye but I've always found them ok. I think for you a blood test would be best

7 years ago

Definitely need a blood test just to get a true answer . The digital tests I have learned don't pick up as fast as the other tests . I have always heard to avoid blue dye tests . Just my two cents and I hope you are pregnant !!!

7 years ago

I tested again morning on a clearblue test and got a BFN. :( Disappointed, but I hope for the best. I don't why my period is so late, based on my understanding my luteal phase is the long one. I don't know why. Maybe I had a chemical pregnancy? :( I can't wait to see my Dr and know what's going on.

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm in the same boat! So frustrated and feeling really down.
15 dpo today, AF 3 days late. Used OPK for ovulation. TTC 2 years, Clomid cycle #3. Had line on Early Predicter HPT this morning, uploaded it on gallery for opinion whether evap or pos. So far 100% votes on positive but Clear Blue digital says not pregnant.
Symptoms include nausea, heartburn, bloating, cramps, gassy, sensitive bbs.
Surely at 15 dpo all tests should be pos?
I've also been told that if there is enough hcg to give heartburn and nausea then should be enough hcg for bfp on test... so if I go by that logic then I guess I'm out again
to you all xxx

Marisa (36) + Kurt (37) DD 13 yrs, DS 9 yrs MMC 26 Sep 2015 CP April 2016, CP Oct 2016 TTC Clomid Rainbow baby

7 years ago

Update: Just got my period :( I don't know if I ovulated so late or I had a chemical pregnancy. Hopefully will try next cycle!

DarkWildWater I really hope you're pregnant! I heard the clearblue digitals are not so accurate. I'd day wait a week, and if you don't get your period get a bloodtest. Best of luck!

Update: Just came back from my Doctor's and turns out I had a cp :( I am still being positive about this and taking it as a sign that things will pick up very soon!

Baby dust to all! Xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo