Community post

Discussion

progesterone problem?

I was wondering if anything other than a short LP suggests progesterone problems, My chart this cycle has been very different from all my others from from 5dpo my bbt took a temp drop and thats where it has stayed, I am sure I have pinpointed ovulation correctly just not sure why my bbt is so low, could it be progesterone? I am not pregnant as hubby only got home on my temp shift and what I have read that the temp shift comes after ovulation so there is no chance of conceiving.

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Have you had your thyroid checked? Progesterone is also related to thyroid, and either can cause low temps.

2014, 2014, 2016 TTC#2 since Nov 2016

7 years ago

I recently had my progesterone checked and it was low. Doctor placed me on progesterone pills. This was my first month taking them and I took at home test today and it showed a faint line, I could potentially be pregnant. I will be 41 next month. I would get your levels checked! Good luck!

7 years ago

congratulations tmdillon! This is great!
My doctor will not prescribe progesterone unless I am already pregnant (which may be too late to start taking progesterone). She also doesn't believe it helps to prevent miscarriages, but tries it anyway until 13 weeks.

2014, 2014, 2016 TTC#2 since Nov 2016

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo