Community post

Discussion

Don't know where to start!

My husband and I had two suprised conceptions. Our first ended in a miscarriage and our second was with twins. We had a complicated pregnancy and lost one of our girls 20 hours after birth due to a birth defect. We are finally ready and want another child but I have no idea where to start! After our girls my cycles have been much longer and more irregular than normal. We didn't plan our two previous pregnancies so I have no idea how to! Any advice or insight will be very welcome!

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I think the best place for you to start is with your ob/gyn. They need to take a look at your cycles/charting and start to get your periods back on track because if you're having anovulatory cycles, you can't get pregnant:( once they get you where you need to be then they can decide what is the best approach after that...good luck!!!

User Image

7 years ago

I'm sorry for your losses. I would recommend starting to understand your cycles through charting. The fertility friend website/app is great for charting but if I recall correctly also has a course where you will learn all of the fascinating things your body does through each cycle! You can use different methods of trying to pinpoint ovulation - I have been able to do so successfully in the past even with irregular and long cycles. Having charts in hand will be especially helpful if you proceed to see a doctor for assistance. You could also look at the Sperm Meets Egg Plan to optimize your BD timing. Hope this helps!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo