Community post

Discussion

January 2015 IUI/IVF

Good luck girls :) Hopefully 2015 is very lucky for all of us

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

249 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 249 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies,

January already!? Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. I went home to sunny SoCal, it was nice. A couple weeks ago my dog had a herniated disk and needed spinal surgery. He has to re-learn to walk and it has been difficult since he is a 50lb basset. It's also hard because he just wants to run and play with the other dogs but can't. Luckily when we got back he was doing SO much better and now he basically can walk again (not on slippery surfaces and still wobbly) so Merry Christmas to me! Sort of glad I wasn't going through an IVF cycle and dealing with that. Anyways I took my last BC pill on Sat and my meds are set to arrive tomorrow. Once my period comes I will start the meds on CD2!

Basia - will you try another IUI before switching to IVF? Maybe now that you had the surgery it IUI will work.

Ma_espe - it's nice taking a break. I took my vacation very seriously and it was great. The OPK and temping is really stressful.

Here's to hoping 2015 will be good to all of us :)

9 years ago

Hi everyone, we have TTC for more than 2 years and we have experienced one mc. According to the fertility exams, no problem has been diagnosed and although we started at a good age, unfortuately every month that passes we get older, so the statistics get worse.
With the beginning of the next cycle (around 1st of january), I will start clomid and then I will have IUI for the first time. I hope everything will go ok, as I am so dissapointed that I feel that I am not ever going to have a baby! Losing my only pregnancy made me feel so bad that I am sure that I ruined all my chances to get pregnant again. The stress has given me more problems, such as dermatical problems, terrible itcing, colics, lack of concentration. I really hope that IUI will work for me but before that I really hope that I willl succeed in relaxing and be optimistic. My doctor told me that this is necessary... but I find it so difficult!
I hope the best for all of us, I need only good news for 2015!

9 years ago

Thorn - I would just prefer to move to IVF honestly. It has been difficult to see that BFN every month :\ I am ready for that BFP :) more then ready and I know the fertility clinic I go to has really good IVF success rates :) I actually think if I could have twins I would be done and not go through this process ever again so this does not scares me.

I just need my post-op appointment with RE so he can give me OK :)
January 8th is the appointment.

kethryes - welcome to the IUI/IVF board :) Hopefully your 1st IUI will be successful.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey everyone! Hope all is still going well, just wanted to let you all know not to get disappointed it took Bear and I 12 IUIs to get pregnant, the thing is to stay positive and don't obsess, we just said it will happen when it is supposed to and it has, our long long long journey of YEARS of trying for our first has ended but please never give up hope.

~ Nissy ~ User Image

9 years ago

Basia and Jubanissy, thank you for your nice words and support!

9 years ago

JubaNissy :) thanks for the support. Hopefully you are doing great :) and don't have too many crazy pregnancy symptoms

Hi girls.. wanted to let you know that at 6w2d pregnant I woke up to swimming in blood.. but by the morning it was gone and I had no cramps... went to the doctor yesterday (6w 4d) and we found only one baby, but with a nice strong hb that we were able to hear for the first time! upon leaving from the scan, in the car I got super strong piercing cramps and I had another big gush of blood, and have now been bleeding for the past 24 hours.. doctor says that due to IVF and the meds I'm on it causes the placenta to grow faster and it sometimes pulls away and detaches for the wall of the Uterus and causes lots of bleeding...This is such a scary time.. was sure I had lost the pregnancy.. he thinks we also during this might have lost a twin as there was a large clot in the bottom of my uterus.. I know getting pregnant is the hardest part. but I feel like i'm dying inside every time I see this blood.. I have been through a tubal reversal, 3 IUI's, 1 fresh IVF and one frozen.. if this baby doesn't make it we are done... :( Still praying you all get your bfp's... hope January is your month.

9 years ago

tubal - I will say a prayer for you girl. Stay strong. Hopefully everything is right and it is just hormones like Dr is saying.

Basia, I am with you on the IVF plan. We did 3 IUI's and if the 3rd one hadn't worked out in terms of timing for the IUI (we were in mexico right before), I would have insisted on going to IVF and forgoing the 3rd IUI. I feel like we have the best chance of getting pregnant with IVF. Now I'm in the middle of my 2 month wait off of the clomid, my fingers and toes are crossed that they offer us IVF in mid January. The BFN's get harder and harder to see.
A little holiday story: my in-laws thought they were being really funny and bought us a kids play set BBQ as a gift, they had ordered us a real BBQ but it hadn't arrived in time....so they thought wrapping up a kids toy was the way to go. I have to laugh about it, because I know they weren't doing it to be insensitive but I'm sure the look of confusion/horror on mine and DHs faces when DH and I opened the box said it all. Between that and being surrounded by gloaty pregnant people I am SO ready to move on in one way or another.
Kethryes- best of luck with your clomid cycle!
2015 will be a year of good things!

9 years ago

Tubal, i am sorry for what you are passing! I hope from now on for the best pregnancy and no more worries!
Basia, thanks for your wishes! I know how you felt opening the toy! I hope it brings you luck and soon to be played by your child!
I wish you all for a great 2015, full of happiness and i hope next year to have our babies in our hugs!

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo