Community post

Discussion

How to stay calm & stop obsessing while in the tww!

Hi everyone! I decided to try this site since I'm super-anxious during this two week wait. A little about me: I'm 38 years old and a single mom of one 19 year old. I had a MC about 2 years ago with a boyfriend which shocked me that I was even pregnant in the first place as I hadn't conceived in 17 years and I wasn't on any type of birth control either. Well.....ever since I had that MC I've been thinking of having another child. It really hit me a couple of months ago where I just felt the urgent need to coneive. Biological clock perhaps. So I spoke to a close friend of mine who is single and very stable and he agreed to co-parent with me. This past month we tried for the first time & bd everyday for a week during the fertile window. Now I am overly consumed with whether or not I'm preggers. Its literally all I think about! I take about 3 tests per day. All I.wamt to do is eat, sleep and obsess over whether or not I am. It's getting frustrating. It's all I talk about to my best friend who knows I'm trying. Does anyone have any ideas on how to go on with living a pretty "normal" & balanced life while trying? Thanks for any & all suggestions. :-)

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hey Ttcat38!
How exciting! My only brother is 18 years younger than me and it has been such an amazing experience getting to be his sister. I'm a big supporter of large gaps :)
I, too, find it hard not to just obsess over every little twinge or feeling. Sometimes I can snap back into sanity by reassuring myself that no matter how much I abscess it will not change the outcome. That usually gives me a few hours reprieve from my mind running crazy.
How many dpo are you?

Take care!

Married DH 08/31/13 DD 09/07/2015 Started April 2016 ttc baby #2

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo