Community post

Discussion

What's happening?

Last month, when I had my "period" is was very light and kept going on and off. Some days didn't even come and only bad light pink when I wiped. It came a day later than usual last month and ended very soon. It was for like 3 days. This month my period came a day late again. It was definitely a period by the looks of it but only last for 3 days. Now it completely stopped and sometimes have light pink when I wipe but rarely. I have been on the pill for many years and never had irregularity. Could I be pregnant? Has anyone had this and what did they figure out?

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi Olheif,

Since when are you off the pill? Maybe your body is still getting used to life without it. ;)

A period that lasts three days and is only one day late sounds pretty regular to me.
I have been on the pill for more than ten years, and it took my body about a year to get back to a "normal" cycle. (i had everything from light to heavy periods, cycle length between 30 and 60 days etc)

I think it is very rare to be pregnant and still get your period.
But you can still test if you are unsure. :)

All the best,
Romy

7 years ago

I haven't been off the pill, that's why this is unusual for me at the moment.

7 years ago • Post starter

Ah ok, then i misunderstood.

In my last year on the pill my period also changed. In my case it was not a real period anymore, only some spotting for a few days.
Sometimes i didn't show up altogether.

My gynecologist told me this could happen after a long time on the pill and suggested that i switch to another pill. (i then stopped taking it altogether)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo