Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 413 Replies | Last Page

I drank it 2-3 days prior egg retrieval when they saw I may have 20 +. In my clinic 20 is considered entering the risk zone. Ma_espe wow that's a high estrogen level. Mine was 5300. Now that you are pregnant I'm sure it's extra special to reminisce. Kmk, I had a freeze all cycle too. At first I was disappointed I couldn't have my transfer right away but later realized that my ovaries need some "time off' from working so hard. AS far as all that junk food. Go at it with the chips !!!! The feeling of eating chips and salsa without any guilt is ah-mazing lol

6 years ago

Ditto on the fact that you won't have to twist my arm to get me to eat chips and salsa guilt free!!! Whoo-hooooo.... or my favorite which would be chips and guacamole! Yum!

Now I'm curious - do you guys have any other pre-retrieval tips?

6 years ago

Actually now that I think about it. I was also told to increase protein so had 3 portein shakes a day. Also supposed to help with OHSS. I was at risk so for someone who is not, drinking 10 bottles a day of gatorade, chips and 3 protein shakes may not be necessary.

6 years ago

@ Jandei - OH WOW! 3 protein shakes a day!! Whew! I was diagnosed with PCOS, so my doctor is thinking that I may be at risk for OHSS, but I guess I won't know for sure, until I see how I respond to the meds.

6 years ago

Hi future dance mum I had OHSS BAD but it was very obvious from before trigger that it would happen and the positive pregnancy did t help either. I did t do anything before trigger but had ~3L a day of Gatorade for about a month till it settled down. To give you some idea my e2 was 16000 at trigger and went up to 34000 20 days later before it started coming down. My progesterone levels went up to 680 :-). I was an overachiever.

6 years ago

10 days post iui and many - test . I just feel defeated:( .

6 years ago

I'm sorry Two+1, I know the feeling. AF showed up yesterday so I have my mid-cycle ultrasound scheduled. What round of IUI are you on? Hugs to you. <3

6 years ago

This is round 2 of iui

6 years ago

WOW GemmaR! OVERACHIEVER INDEED
Thanks for sharing your experience

Two+1onway : it's so hard some days to keep going - isn't it! On those days I allow myself to just feel all that I'm feeling and in time it passes... then I can dust myself off and keep moving towards my goal!

6 years ago

My trigger last night went so well! I also got really worked up and had a little meltdown, sobbing as poor DH got ready to do it then I totally missed the injection. I was just crying and he was like “ok, all done!” and I kept saying “are you sure? it all went in?” an then I made him let me check the syringe. Haha. Now I feel silly for making a big deal about it, especially since I’ve been stabbing myself for the last 10 days! I’m feeling much more bloated today, which I’m hoping is from some additional little follies joining the group. I’m trying to keep very well hydrated but feeling gigantic. Ugh. lol

Jandei, I have been trying your suggestion. I got some gatorade and am eating a bunch of tasty snacks. DH was so interested in my grocery bag when I got home! Haha. I can’t stand the gatorade plain so I have to water it down. I’m drinking a ton of water/gatorade and have already downed >80 ounces today.

Gemma, I like the overachiever comment. Your ovaries weren’t hyper stimulated, they were just very committed to the stim! ;-)

Two+1, I’m sorry about the negative tests. Hugs to you.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo