Community post

Discussion

Spotting from O to AF date and still got a BFP? I need hope!

Hello ladies,
I'm 36 and TTC for the first time. We have been trying for 5 months now and nothing. About two years ago, I started spotting some days between ovulation and AF and for the last year, I've been spotting almost every day after ovulation until I get my period. Some days is brown, some pink and somedays is red too bit tiny tiny clots. My gynecologist did a vaginal ultrasound and since she says I'm clean and everything looks normal she doesn't seem to care about checking for other things and all she offered was to try to put me on BC! Of course I said no and then she said that in that cas I would have to just endure it and keep trying to get pregnant.
Everyday I see blood i feel a hole in my stomach and feel so helpless. Please, share your story if you got pregnant in a similar situation and it you were spotting during the TWW and still got a BFP.
If you are someone that's going through the same, I'd love to connect with you.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Bump:(

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm 30, and my husband and I have been TTC our first child for a year. Prior to that, I was on BC for several years. Since stopping BC my cycles have been irregular and I always have spotting that starts 1-2 weeks before my period and lasts until my period actually starts. I went to see my OB about it in March and he said there was nothing to be concerned about and it doesn't lower the chance of getting pregnant. My concern was that if I'm bleeding, even if it's light, how can I possibly get pregnant and stay pregnant if small amounts of the uterine lining are being shed.
Anyway, all that back story was to let you know I understand exactly what you're going through. The rest of the story is... I got my BFP this month (Dec 3, actually 6 days before AF is due)! I started spotting a day or two after O (Nov 23) and I am actually still having a small amount of spotting now. I'm going to the doctor this week to confirm with a boood test, but I've taken multiple HPTs and they are all positive, with progressively darker lines.
Don't worry about spotting- I can say for sure it is possible to get pregnant! Keep trying and don't let stress adversely affect your chances of conceiving. If you have more concerns, go see a different OB who may be willing to do further diagnostics like an ultrasound to look at the ovaries and check uterine lining thickness. I had that done in September because of the amount of spotting I was doing and the concern for ovarian cysts, and it came back normal with no detected problems.
It's never wrong to get a second opinion, and obviously advice from a doctor trumps what anyone here could say, but this is my personal experience and I hope it helps you!
Good luck!

7 years ago

Hi Jenn!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my thread and share your experience. You have no idea the hope this has given me. I agree with you, I'll ask for a second opinion if my current gynecologist doesn't show interest for looking for more underlying causes. I had a vaginal ultrasound back in August and it didn't show anything (no fibroids, no cysts or anything) so that's why the Doctor just said that sometimes this happens and they don't know exactly why. She did kinda refuse to test my levels of progesterone.. that's something to think about.
Anyways, congratulations on your BFP! Enjoy your pregnancy!!!
PS: I'm going to add you to "my friends" if its okay with you, to keep in touch since we have similar "menstrual backgrounds" :D

Thanks again and all the best!

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo