Community post

Discussion

Can you get your period and still be pregnant ?

Okay so if you've read my previous post you would have seen that I was in my 2nd cycle , I was about 12 days late on my period , if I was pregnant , I would've been around 6 weeks and about 7 today . Anyways I wasn't entirely sure about ovulation , all I know is CD 9-11 I was spotting . so I made sure to have unprotected sex CD8 - CD17 non stop . I missed my period on CD 22 when I normally get it . I checked my cervix the whole entire cycle . CD1-7 I had my period , my cervix was low , hard and open like normal , CD8 it was a little higher , and accompanied by CM . but the day before my expected period , everything changed , My cervix Rose so high I could barely find it. It closed entirely and felt like a pair of lips !!! & Ive had all types of CM , but mostly a lot of creamy CM every time I wiped . I've even had light light yellow CM that only lasted a day ! This lasted 12 days after my missed period ! CD33 & 35 I spotted , I never spot before a period . and on CD1 ( 6 - 7 days ago ) I got my period HEAVY ! With dark almost black clots ! No tissue passed or pain at all . With hope I still checked my cervix and confused to find it hadn't moved or even Opened at all !!! The blood was red , like bright red when I wiped but dark red in the toilet . I took a pregnancy test midway through my period with a clear blue and it read " Not pregnant " so I automatically assumed I wasn't pregnant and still believe I'm not . my nipples always hurt during my period so I strongly believed it was just my period , but now today all I have is old blood and for two days now , my nipples have bumps around the areolas and their flaking ! Like no pain or nothing , just a lot of scabby skin around them , with a high soft and closed cervix Still ! I have an older sister who's told me if she ever got pregnant she wouldn't be able to take a test because it wouldn't show and shed have to go to he hospital for a blood test ! But we have different mothers so I don't know . I have only one Clear blue test yet but if its negative I don't wanna waste it ! Has anyone ever got their period and still been pregnant ? Can someone or anybody share anything ??

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hello I pretty much have the same question. Heres my situation,

My husband and i have been trying for a couple of months and i truly felt that i was pregnanct this time because of my noticeable body changes. I had super smell and nauesea especially. I was suppose to starr my af tommrow but instead it started today. At first it was brownish and now it looks like a regular red also with blood clots. I am so disapointed i just dont understand where we went wrong. We timed my ovulation, took prenatals, passed a sperm check test. Im not sure if this is implamation bleeding but if its not and is my af i wonder if theres a chance im pregnant. I may still take a pregnancy estvtommrow but i feel like theres no point.

7 years ago

Yes its possible. I had a whole week of bleeding "off and on" it got so bad at one point that I went to the hospital and they said I was actually miscarrying and to come back, Well I came back in 48 hours and I had a whole baby there. Now shes 7 completely healthy, and talks to damn much! I did have a positive before though. The bleeding through me off. It must be hereditary because my mom had "periods" too she had one for several months she said.
Mine is always my "suppose to be missed period" had some type of bleeding issue (its never normal) and then the next period I completely miss.

7 years ago

That's where I messed up , I didn't take a pregnancy test before bleeding , so I wouldn't know if it was a miscarriage or not . I did test during the bleeding with a clear blue and got a " not pregnant " result , after the heavy bleeding I just experienced I ruled it as my period and haven't taken a test since

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo