Community post

Discussion

Starting a chart

So, we have been TTC since January, however I haven't had regular periods all year. I have been taking OPKs, but even when they show positive I haven't gotten periods after, so I'm not 100% sure I have been ovulating.
Last month I started taking Premama fertility, got a STRONG (strongest ever) positive OPK a week after starting it, and got my period right on time.
So far this month I haven't gotten a positive OPK, not even close to positive. I'm on CD 22/23 now (Tuesday is day 23). But, before my last pregnancy, my cycles were long, 40 days on average, with 42 not being unusual, so maybe I'm back to that. Regardless, I have decided to try charting. I want to start charting for many reasons- to help confirm I am ovulating, to get myself back on a regular pattern, to recognize the pattern, to TTC, and because we want to take a break from TTC for a few months if it doesn't happen this month (vacation coming up so we're pausing). Finally, I don't know that I want to go back on birth control, so I'd like to chart to try natural family planning.

So, that is my back story, which leads me to today. I got my basal thermometer and it's by my bedside. I've read all the things on this website, and others. Take it first thing in the morning, same time every day, and record, wait for a jump, that's right after you ovulate. That said, I've read it all but never done it. Any tips or tricks that you don't usually see in the 'how to?' If you chart, where do you record your temps? This website, or another one, or yourself? Anything that may surprise me, or that I really need to know getting started?

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I know you are supposed to take your temp first thing, before you sit up or anything. I tend to sit up when I wake up- I'm up before I'm really awake. Any tips for this?

7 years ago • Post starter

I think consistency is the most important part of temperature tracking. Just try to pop the thermometer in your mouth as soon as you are awake enough to control your movements & before you really get up & walk around.

7 years ago

It's been tough. I don't remember the thermometer until I've been moving. I hear the dog and worry she's gonna pee on the floor and I jump up and call her- or I hear a kid and have to talk to them, or I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I know my charts are all crazy lol

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo