Community post

Discussion

4 weeks after MC got a positive test.

Hi everyone! I've been nonstop searching forums like these for some answers to my questions and figured it would be better if I just posted one myself.

I miscarried 10-28. I was 12 weeks at my first ultrasound but there was nothing there but an empty sac. I prob miscarried at 5-6 weeks but didn't know until that first ultrasound and ended up naturally miscarrying that night.

I bled/spotted for about 2 weeks and my midwife gave us the clear to start trying again saying the only reason I should wait one cycle was so I would know my exact dates but if I was ok not being sure of that I could start Ttc when I felt ready.

I took an ovulation test (11/12) and it had a super dark line so I figured we would try that wknd. But now I've read that pregnancy hormones will give a positive ovulation test.

Now I'm almost a month after my miscarriage and getting positive pregnancy tests with cramping and pressure and fatigue. If I did ovulate on the 12th or 13th of November than I would be testing this Monday. So needless to say I'm confused and not sure where to go next.

Anyone else go through this? Still get a positive test a month later and it be from the miscarriage and not a pregnancy or visa versa? Any and all comments are much appreciated!

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I miscarried October 27th naturally at 8 weeks and also got a positive opk 2 weeks later. I was getting my blood drawn weekly to make sure my hcg was going down and the week I got a positive opk my hcg was 15 two days later so it might have been higher when I got the positive. Still not get high but my hcg was only 51 when I first found out I was pregnant and hcg strips were showing a very very faint line 3 days before that (I'm thinking my hcg was 25 when I got my faint positive). Anyway, I took it as a false positive opk and a week later got a very true and dark opk on November 19. I had the ewcm this time to match and temps! So now I'm in my TWW and I think 5 dpo. I actually think I saw the faintest hint of a shadow my a strip I took today because I'm so impatient but it's probably negative! Oh, my hcg a week and one day ago was only 3! Hope this helps some!?

7 years ago

Hi! I miscarried October 29 and the bleeding stopped November 5. I was only 5 weeks 3 days when I miscarried so I just assumed that my periods would be a week behind schedule. I started trying as soon as I was done bleeding and according to different calculations I should have ovulated around the 15th. If this is true then I am 11dpo and still getting negatives so I dont know. Today makes 3 weeks since I stopped bleeding so I am hoping for a positive during the week.

7 years ago

Did you test the hcg out of your system? Like make sure you had no pos poas and now have a pos test?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo