Community post

Discussion

Vitex and TTC

Hello ladies

I have been TTC for a year now with no luck. Lost a pregnancy in July 2015 and have had irregular periods since. My doctor put me on bc for three months to see if it would balance out.
Today is day 14 of my cycle. On Cycle day one I started taking prenatal and vitex. I take 800mg a day. I have read so many different things on this herb. Have any of you used it??

For me so far I have noticed my acne cleared up and I have been in an overall better mood. Also on cycle day 3 I experienced a weird heavy. Bright red bleed(which is weird for me since it's usually light and dark) so maybe a good sogn? And so far no mid month bleed. I am feeling hopeful that this herb will work for us.
I didn't opk or temp since this is my "trial month" being the first month off bc.
Anyone enable stories or advice? Or even want to be cycle buddies??

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I think it's great. My cycle was starting to get very short, like 26 and 27 days. The first month I had a perfect 28 day cycle. The month after it was 29. Do it did what I was wanting it too!

Mill

7 years ago

I was also taking it, along with food grown prenatal and Dong Quai, because I had/have really irregular periods and it definitely started doing something - after a month or so I had a really heavy and painful period and have had some spotting since and then a verrrrry light and short period.

We're actively TTC so I stopped taking it as I'm scared of the warnings of miscarriage because it stimulates the uterus and could cause the lining to shed - do you have any knowledge of this?

And good luck :)

7 years ago

Aem: I heard hat it keeps your progesterone up and helps to prevent miscarriage.

And since taking it I had spotting once on cycle day 19. None since then. But yesterday (cycle day 21) I was sick to my stomach with a very wet feeling down there all day. I kept thinking af started. But nothing but creamy white cm. So maybe that's a good sign? It would be crazy if we got pregnant this month.
But I am going to continue taking 800mg vitex a day since it seems to be doing something. And I haven't, for the first time in over a year, had mid month bleeding.
AF is due on Wednesday according to my Ovia App. I think I'm going to test on Monday just due to the nausea and creamy cm. I usually have nothing going on down there before af comes.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo