Community post

Discussion

First IUI w/meds

Hi, so I just had my 1st IUI done 4 days ago. I took Clomid 50 mg on days 3-8 of my cycle, then Ovidrel injection on cycle day 13 and now using Endometrin suppositories twice a day... I don't know if what I'm feeling (tired, headaches, nauseated, dizzy, emotional, etc) is all b/c of all of these meds in my body or what! I think i'm going crazy during this tww!

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi! I am in the same boat as you but I just did my ovidrel injection last night and im going in for my first iui tomorrow morning. They have not told me anything about what would happen after, in terms of whether i would need to be taking anything after or what. My HD is leaving for a week tomorrow morning so we are literally putting all of our eggs in one basket since i am taking his sperm with me right after he leaves to go get my iui. How did the procedure go? Did they give you any information about the sperm sample that was used in terms of quantity, etc. My HD had a sperm analysis done a few months ago and his morphology wasnt great, so i am wondering if they will give us any info about this sample. I am a little bit nervous about the whole thing, but I am trying to be cool. Any details you could give me about the procedure would be super helpful and then we can wait out this tww together :)

How long have you been trying?

12 years ago

Hi, the procedure went really well. It was done before I knew it. I would pretty much compare it to a pap. My DH gave his sample at the doctor's office. They did tell me ahead of time that there wasn't going to be an analysis done of the sperm on the day of the iui. They did tell me though that it was a good sample in terms of quantity. Right after it was done, they just had me lay down for about 15 minutes & said I could then resume normal activity. They did recommend my DH & I BD that night and the next morning. They prescribed me Endometrin 100mg suppositories and told me to just wait (as if it were that easy) If I dont' get my period within 14 days of the procedure they will schedule a pregnancy test for me. If I could give you any advice it would be to try and stay as calm about it as possible. I was really nervous about it, about taking the medication, basically the whole thing, but it honestly wasn't too bad. for the both of us!

12 years ago • Post starter

Can you give me more information on the medication you are taking now, not the clomid the suppositories. I have not heard of or tried that..

12 years ago

Thanks for the info meek, I had my iui done yesterday and you're right, it wasn't bad. The only thing is they told me my husband didn't have a lot of sperm, which sucks because when we did a semen analysis for him afew months ago, everything was fine....They also told us to have sex that night and the next day but he left for a business trip right after the iui so we couldnt do that either. I am trying to stay positive but its hard because I feel like there are all of these factors against us.....here's hoping for a miracle....hows your tww going? Any symptoms yet?

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo