Community post

Discussion

Maca root!!!!!

I took it for a few weeks before we got pregnant the first time (that pregnancy ended in miscarriage around 5 wks). Not sure if it helped or not. I feel like giving up on "trying" and just ignoring pregnancy altogether. It might help though! Anyone currently taking maca, taken it in the past or had success with it?

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I have been taking Maca powder on and off for the last 3 years. Maca is an excellent choice when TTC as it nourishes the endocrine system. One can never tell what ultimately led to a BFP; it's possible that none of the supplements we are taking are having a big impact. Best wishes :)

7 years ago

I tried to conceive for four years. We went to doctors after doctors. Had 5 failed iuis. Literally gave up all hope. DH and I decide to stop going to the doctors. Instead I started taking Maca Root Capsules (tri blend) and a folic acid supplement. Within 3 months I was pregnant. I didn't find out till I was already 8 weeks though! After baby #1 was born I started taking maca again about a year after. 4 months later I was pregnant again. Unfortunately ended in a miscarriage. So we are currently trying again with the help of maca, folic and vitex. Fingers crossed for you!

7 years ago

Shaniqua26 - Wow, it seems to have worked very well for you! I'm glad you were able to finally have one and hope that you get your next BFP soon! I'll start taking it again today…I prefer the capsules but it's cheaper to buy it loose. I mix it with a tiny bit of water so it becomes a thick sludge then choke it back. Probably a factor in me not being consistent with it. Thank you for your inspirational story!

Mozart - That's a long time! Good for you :) I agree, I buy organic Maca in hopes that it will be more potent in TTC. Yes, I feel the same way…there are ways you can prevent pregnancy but I suppose it's not really up to us when our BFP happens. Surely there are things we can do to promote a healthy embryo though!

7 years ago • Post starter

Maca have been used for fertility since a long time and has been scientifically proven. I have not tried it myself . But some of my friends had tried some stuffs and it had positive effect on them. I came to read something on ttc recently and those guys had given some of the things which my friends had tried. http: //www.curejoy.com/content/how-to-get-pregnant-fast/#eat-these-foods . I guess this should help some way.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo