Community post

Discussion

TTC #2 after mirena removal - your input requested

Hello all! Would love your input here and will try to keep the explanation as brief as possible...

First little boy born January 2015 and had mirena implanted March 2015, removed October 28, 2016. During that time had no periods, with the exception of some breakthrough bleeding last 2 cycles. Did not really experience period symptoms while on mirena, but my periods have always been very mild.

We are eager TTC, as we would love to have our children 3 years apart or less, so I immediately started tracking ovulation with OPK tests (cheap dip strips and CB Digital). I was very surprised to have a positive OPK November 1 and November 2, given it was just a few days after IUD removal, plus I didn’t really notice other ovulation symptoms. Because of that I continued to test over the next few days, and though I did not receive another positive OPK, they were all VERY close to positive. Therefore, the husband and I have BD’ed at least every 2-3 days.

Then on November 17th I noticed the natural signs of ovulations… EWCM, cervix was high, soft and open, etc. On November 18th OPK was positive, and a far stronger positive than early November. November 19th and 20th positive on the dip strips but not digital, and today, November 21st, VERY strong positives AM and PM. Again, cervix still high, soft open and wet but without the EWCM. Oh, and I’ve taken a pregnancy test just for good measure, and it came back negative.

I called my doctor today and spoke with the PA – she said she’s never heard of anything like this and will speak with the doctor and get back to me.

Just curious if anyone has experience something similar or has any thoughts as to what may be going on?

Attaching an embarrassing number of OPK tests taken over the past month or so, as well as the latest OPK I took this evening.

Thanks in advance!!

User Image
User Image

0 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo