Community post

Discussion

Shitty Things People Say When You're TTC

View Full Post

Let's compile a list of the shittiest (albeit usually well-meaning) things people say to us as we're TTC!

I'll start-

"We just found out we're expecting baby #2! Now, if you would hurry up and just get pregnant..."

"You have to stop wanting it and thinking about it so much. When you do that, you'll get pregnant."

"Oh, well you have to track your temperature and have sex in crazy positions. You must not be doing it right."

(BIG EYE ROLL!)

I love my family and friends and know they mean well but what they say can be so hurtful when you've been trying for months and no baby yet. I know it will happen when it's supposed to but telling me that doesn't make me feel any better!

Your turn- what are some of the crazy things people have said to you while TTC?

26 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 26 Replies | Last Page

My mother:

"I just NEED grandchildren, I've been waiting for YEARS!"

"your sister is going to give me a grandchild, when is it your turn?"

My grandparents:

"we were thinking of setting up college funds for our great-grandchildren, what do you think of that?"

"we sure hope we live to see you have children"

NICE STRANGERS:

"plenty of people live childless lives"

"You could adopt - OH or FOSTER to adopt! So many needy children."

User Image

7 years ago

I'm a high school teacher, so each new batch I get "Do you have kids?" no. "How old are you? Do you just not want them?" I mean, what can you even say to a teenager in response to that? We've been trying over a year and now we're seeking medical options to make it happen?? So I just nod and say "Eventually.."

Damn people.

7 years ago

@brownsugar93...my jaw is on the floor!!

@babybump89...that's got to be so hard. Keep the faith!

7 years ago • Post starter

I try not to share with anyone that I'm TTC it's no one's business!

But when people drop questions or comments about when will I get children, I tell them when God decides its the right time. Then they are speecheless! Cos they realize it is not up to anyone!

7 years ago

@fatma19 ... I think I am going to start following in your footsteps!

I found out over Christmas that BOTH of my siblings are expecting! Baby #2 and #3. I am so happy for them! But when one of my siblings said, "next Christmas, i hope there are THREE babies!" i said, "oh, don't worry about us. It will happen when it's supposed to." They said, "oh, I didn't mean you, I meant I hope we have twins!"

That kinda stung. They both know that we have been TTC for a while and both of these expectant babies, while HUGE blessings that everyone is grateful for, were surprises.

There is a lesson in everything, right??

7 years ago • Post starter

I just got married this past July 2016, but me and my now husband have been trying since the beginning of the year...
"Aren't you a little too young to have kids???" --- I'm 24, hubby 32.
"Oh there's other things you can do to occupy your time...." the f...????

User Image

7 years ago

I hear at work all the time(we work together) that our babies would be so pretty. One coworker assumed that I must not want them because I'm 29 with no children. Or maybe I was just waiting to give my baby the best dad? My boyfriend's mother says often how much she wants a grandchild. My mother is looking to me for more grandchildren(particularly a girl) because my sister is done after one son. I am pretty much the only woman I know without a baby, I am hoping to change that this year. It is hard, constantly seeing Facebook posts about how great being a mom is from my cousins. I realize it is great but they have no idea how much that hurts anyone who can't wait to become a mom.

7 years ago

Here's one that pissed me off....

-All it takes is one time, just do it....

God's Got This

7 years ago

Had a new one and immediately thought of this board.

Ran into the neighbor today. She says "How are your dogs doing!? I can't ask you about your kids, so I have to ask about your animals!"

Thanks for the reminder, neighbor.

7 years ago

Babybump - How rude of your neighbor; lacking tact completely!

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo