Community post

Discussion

Back pain on one side, UTI symptoms, but something's weird

Hello everyone! My first post here. Hopefully somebody can help me interpret this.

This is our 3rd month of trying. Last week was supposedly my fertile week and I think I ovulated sometime between Wednesday and Friday. On Wednesday I got a faint but visible second line on both OPKs and on Thursday it was definitely stronger, but apparently still not strong enough, according to the instructions. So I don't know what to make of it. I normally have no problems with ovulation.

We had sex on Tuesday and Friday. On Sunday morning I felt cramping in my lower tummy on the left side and I thought wow, maybe I'm finally ovulating! I also had a very slight pink spotting. But the OPK was a firm negative.

During the course of the day I began having typical UTI symptoms (peeing frequently with the burning sensation). In the evening I started getting dull but severe lower back ache, on my left side only. Given other symptoms I suspected it was my kidney, but it was located a little too low, basically level with my pelvic bone.

I saw the doctor on Tuesday morning, but I hardly had any symptoms at that point. She felt my tummy and my back and said it didn’t look like a kidney infection but could be cystitis and prescribed an antibiotic. My symptoms got stronger that evening and I’ve had very little improvement since. The burning eased up but the ache is still intense.

Today the pain switched sides - my left side is OK now but I feel the same aching pressure in my right side. I still have to pee all the time with slight burning. When I press or lightly punch my kidneys the pain doesn’t increase. And I have no tummy ache or cramps at all, not even around the bladder. If I pull my tummy in I can feel ‘something’ around my ovaries, but wouldn’t describe it as pain, cramp or even discomfort.

What do you think?

What throws me off is that the earliest I could’ve ovulated was Wednesday, then Sunday would’ve been 5dpo. Isn’t that still too early for implantation symptoms?

Oh, and also good luck everyone!!

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Well, it turns out it was kidney stone after all. The pain was really bad last night, then after wiping I discovered a sand-like grain. This morning the pain is almost entirely gone. I'm seeing the doctor in a couple of hours so I'll see what she says.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo