Community post

Discussion

Any tips to help conceiving?

Hello ladies!
We are trying for our second child and this is our 5th attempt. My period is due tomorrow and I had a negative pregnancy test this morning. Last time it took us 3 cycles to conceive our son and I have mild endometriosis. I don't know what to do to improve our chances. Do you have any tips or recommendations? How often do you have sex when you ovulate/during your cycle?
Have tried making lifestyle changes to help conceive?
Please help! I am so depressed at not managing to conceive, I'm devastated every time I get my period.
Thanks for all the support.

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi,
Do you chart your bbt? It's the first thing I would suggest as it is the only way to confirm ovulation is happening and will pinpoint if you have any problems in your cycle. Having a baby can change our hormones so what came easy the first time can take longer a second.
Macca root is great for boosting fertility. Using a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water to gently clean your cervix with your finger 20 mins before bd'ing can make the area more ph friendly for sperm. Rub some sperm friendly lubricant over your cervix before you start bd'ing to avoid hostile cm. Bd every two days for five days before ovulation and three days after, it maximizes your chances. Take a decent one a day conception multivitamin for him and her and top up your vit d3. These are all things that won't interfere with your natural hormone patterns, once you have charted you will know if you have to tweak anything in your cycle.
Above all be patient and kind to yourself, it's an emotional rollercoaster. Hope you get your bfp soon

7 years ago

have you thought on having acupuncture treatment?

7 years ago

I track my cycle useing the my daysx app to track my cycle. It has been very accuarte and gets more accurate the longer you use it. My dic told my hubby and i to have sex every other day during the fertile days before ovuation (my days app will tell you your fertile days also). Thn i take a ovulation test the dat my app says i ovulate and six back and wait till my next period is due

7 years ago

I suggest you look up the Sperm Meets Egg Plan, you may be stopping BD too soon. It essentially suggests every other day until you get a positive OPK and then do three days in a row, skip a day and then one last shot. This helps to cover your bases because you don't know if you've caught the beginning or end of the surge in the OPK.
I also recommend some positive affirmations to help you not get too down at the time of your period. It sounds a bit silly but it can help you keep things in perspective. Ex. Every time my period comes I am grateful that my body is functioning properly... Good luck!!

7 years ago

Have you looked Into soy isoflavones? It helped me the first cycle i took it as well as Another board member here... I dont know about anyone Else that has tried it but If you read about it online the success rate on first try is crazy high.... It is supposed to work a bit like natural clomid.

Warning: You have to really read about it because in some Cases it can do more damage than good. Find the right supplement and the right dose.

In my Case, it messed up my cycle and delayed ovulation 2 weeks, i was convinced i was out that cycle BUT, success after all. Im 5 months preggo now. Had tried without success for 8months.

7 years ago

Before that i had tried some Lifestyle Changes, worked on my eating habits and exercising, took some other supplements such as vildjamrot and one more i dont remember the name of.
I Always knew when i ovulated and had regular sex. Learnt to do fertility massage on myself. I swear the vildjamrot did wonders though with balancing my hormones and increasibg my ewcm during ovulation. But i didnt try it long enough since i Changed to the soy. Which as i sayd was a success first cycle.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo