Community post

Discussion

clomid and period length

Hey ladies! I've been trying to do research online about taking Clomid and my period length but haven't found anything that I am actually looking for. I typically have a 4 day AF. I started Clomid on CD 3 this month and am now on CD 6 and still bleeding. It isn't just spotting it is full blown flow. Anyone else have this problem when they took Clomid? Any help would be great!

Baby boy at 36 weeks and healthy! April 2005 Baby boy at 37 weeks and healthy! December 2006 TTC #3 since July 2014

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I just want to thank everyone for viewing this forum and not responding with any help or hope. Just to update it was a miscarriage I was going through. I have finally ended it all and am starting over again.

Baby boy at 36 weeks and healthy! April 2005 Baby boy at 37 weeks and healthy! December 2006 TTC #3 since July 2014

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm just now seeing this. So sorry for ur loss! I was gonna say, when I took clomid, it didnt lengthen my period at all. If anything, taking the drug made my period shorter and lighter.

Sorry no one replied, it happens a lot. Try posting here as well as the Q&A section. Sometimes spammers join and post a tonne of junk, so ur post doesnt stay on the main page for very long.

Best of luck! =))

9 years ago

After 17 days of bleeding I'm happy to say we are trying again. It is so heart breaking with everything we went through to lose the 1st pregnancy. We had a tubal reversal done in July of 2014. Each month was depressing when my cycle would start again. In December when it showed up 4 days late and 2 negative tests I finally decided to call my RE and get on clomid. I took it cycle days 3-7. On CD 6 I couldn't believe I was still bleeding. I never go past 4 days. I assumed it was the meds messing with me. My RE finally got back to me on CD 9 and told me to take a test. I couldn't believe it came back positive! I then had to go in for a blood draw and sure enough on Christmas eve the results came back at 350. OMG! Best Christmas present ever! I was still bleeding though so I tried not to get my hopes up, but it was so hard not to. On Dec 26th I went to my RE's office for a vaginal ultrasound and blood draw. We could see the sac but the tech didn't say anything. My results came back at 36 later that day. It was heart breaking to know we lost it, but also a relief to finally know why I was bleeding for so long know. I had to go in again for a blood draw on CD 15 and it came back at 7.1. I have to go in again this coming Monday to make sure it is down to 0 or at least under 5. Losing the pregnancy was really hard, but I think the worst part was feeling every little drop of blood come out and filling the toilet with blood every hour. You can try to forget the words the Dr said but every hour during the loss was the worse. I kept telling myself if I could quit bleeding I could forget it all and move on to trying again. Overall my emotional state is very good. I have a strong support system and know that the loss happened for a reason but this month is going to be our month. My hubby decided to not try the Clomid this month and see if the OPKs and temping will work. We used that method last month but when I got what I thought was the start of my period I knew I couldn't handle another month of no baby. Crossing our fingers and toes that we can get that baby we want so desperately. Thanks dakotgurrl for responding!

9 years ago • Post starter

Omg, thats absolutely horrible. Im so sorry u had to go through that!

Fingers crossed for an extra sticky bean, asap!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo