Community post

Discussion

6 weeks pregnant at Christmas- how do I keep it under wraps?

I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant (pending a GP visit) and we're going to my mother's house, with my partner's mother, and all of my gigantic family of siblings, for Christmas.
I would be ok telling my family to be honest but partner is very determined that he doesn't want to say anything until it is a bit later, and surer. I guess it's understandable. We all have a good few drinks etc when we get together, and I think it's going to be hard to get away with drinking nothing, not smoking (I have been a smoker for years now) and not being directly asked if I'm preggo. I'm pretty sure I will be directly asked and I cannot for the life of me lie. Can anyone give any advice on this? Anyone had to hide early pregnancy at a big family event and if so, what did you do? Maybe it is a peculiarly Irish problem that not drinking is such a giveaway...?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I had already thought about this if I were in that position. My family drinks a little when we all get together, too.

Just get your partner on board and if anyone asks why you're not drinking, say you're on medication. Say you had a sinus infection and you're still finishing up the zpack. Just research some common medicine and you should be fine :)

And if anyone asks directly....just say "Ha, that would be much more exciting of a reason to not drink than this medicine." Then you're not 'LYING' you're just not answering directly :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo