Community post

Discussion

Question about blood test levels

I took a hpt yesterday evening which came up positive. I went into the hospital today and they confirmed it with a blood test. My lmp was November 16th so that would put me at almost 4 weeks pregnant. My levels came up at 74 though. Is that good or bad? It has me extremely worried since I'm always high risk for a miscarriage. They gave me the rhogam and ordered blood work to be taken again on Monday but for some odd reason I can't get my mind off of being scared I'll lose this little one.

33 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 33 Replies | Last Page

Your HCG levels are totally in the normal range for 4 weeks (4 weeks LMP: 5 â?? 426 mIU/ml). A one off HCG test does not tell you that much - it is more the doubling rate that matter (and even those results are subjective)

I know that it is hard not worry when you are high risk - but as I know from experience, worrying does not help or change anything.

I hope your little bean is super sticky and I wish you a peaceful pregnancy.

All the best.
A

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you :). Hopefully I'll see higher numbers when I go back in so maybe it'll ease my mind some.

9 years ago • Post starter

They sound good. Like pp said, it's the doubling time that matters. Mine were at 280 around 4+6 and at 5+1 they were 626. Still in the normal range although I freaked cause they seemed low. Well here I am at 6+4, so I guess all seems well.

My question is why did they give you rhogam? Are you bleeding? I am A- and positive for anti-D (I've had 8 pregnancies- my DD is A+ and I was sensitized during her birth, I carried DS to 27+6 before my antibodies attacked him and his heart stopped, he was A+ as well. I've had a mmc and 5 chemicals all A-, I'm now pregnant with an A+ baby) during all those I was only given the rhogam after bleeding occurred except with DD, I was given it at 20 weeks. Antibodies won't affect the fetus until at least 10w when the placenta takes over according to my mfm and hematologist. I was just curious.

I hope your levels double like they should, but try not to stress, it's not good for your little bean. I'm kmfx for you!

9 years ago

I had some spotting the previous day so the dr had said its better to be safe then sorry. With all miscarriages I never made it past 6 weeks. My blood type is B- and My husbands is A+. My son from an ex has B+ blood. I had the rhogam shot after a miscarriage before my son. I didn't know they could even give it without being a miscarriage.

Yes honey. They are supposed to give it anywhere from 20 to 24 weeks and then again after birth and anytime there is bleeding/spotting. I never received mine after the birth of DD so I was sensitized then. They never referred me to a mfm with DS so we lost him and was even more sensitized. I'm not sure where I am, I know anywhere from 6+2 to 6+4 but had low levels so I'm worried with this one as well since I don't feel pregnant. Sucks we have to go through so much worry now

9 years ago

The only symptom I have is sore boobs which scares me because with my son I had every symptom in the book pretty much. Fingers crossed your little makes it and comes out healthy.

Received my results for my blood test today. Saturday they were at 74 and today they're at 184 so 110 increase. I think that's good right?

That is great news!! I went yesterday for a viability ultrasound. I thought I was 6+5, but baby measured 6+2 and had a heartbeat of 129bpm. The nausea is now starting to kick in, so I'm relieved! Give it some time honey, I'm sure they will come full force. It's such a Shane we have to worry about things like this. about how far along are you?

9 years ago

Counting from my last period I would be around 4+3. I found a tiny bit of blood in my cm today and started feeling scared. Getting ready to head in to the doctors for my follow up for Saturday at the er. Hopefully he has some good news for me. Praying this one makes it. I don't think I could handle another heartbreak.

I'm sorry. I hope things turned out alright. please keep me updated.

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo