Community post

Discussion

Getting pregnant after 35

I will be 36 in a couple of months and we have decided to start trying for our 3rd. My kids are 9 and 5 and in the past I have become pregnant directly coming off birth control.. any other fertile mertyls out there that remained that way after 35?

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hey luckylilma. I'm right with you on this new venture. I'm 39 yrs old, two kids: 16 and 10 yrs old. Hubby and I are trying for a 3rd. Blessings to both of us on this journey. Hope I get pregnant on this ovulation coming up.

7 years ago

Baby dust to you!! Somehow I got pregnant 3 days after stopping the mini pill ..guess I'll be 5 weeks Thursday. .first app nov.7th...????

7 years ago • Post starter

I am 36 and only have one child aged 10; I'm currently only 3 weeks pregnant for the third time this year. I'm not sure if that's hopeful or discouraging because to date I have had a ruptured ectopic followed by a blighted ovum 3.5 months later. I managed to get pregnant 2 times after the ectopic damaged my tube so that's hopeful but no way of knowing just yet if this pregnancy is normal or viable. I go for my second HGC test tomorrow so that could be a clear "no" or a "wait until you get in for a scan". Then I have to worry about all the usual stuff we worry about at our age like miscarriage and genetic concerns. Admittedly I'm more terrified than excited right now. I'm scared for all the usual reasons but also for my life because I nearly died from blood loss during my rupture. I want to hope and enjoy this experience and pick names and buy cute stuff but the loss has been so tramatic and profound that I'm trying to just be neutral. If there is such a thing. Let's hope third time is a charm . I'm not trying to be a downer just share how real the struggles can be . My first pregnancy at 26 was perfect - so I feel like it's my age :( regardless miracle ps can and do happen and I wish them for all who are TTC after 35. Much love

7 years ago

Good luck, keep my fingers crossed

7 years ago

Im 34 so a little under age of this thread but my older 2 are 6 and 4 so i was a bit younger last time around..im about to come off the pill to start trying and im also concerned it wont be as easy as last time..i fell pregnant super fast both times but when i was off the pill a year ago my cycles were all over the place so im not sure itll be so easy this time around..interested to hear others stories

" rel="nofollow">

7 years ago

Well I got pregnant about 3 days off my birth control ..I'm currently around 8 weeks and super surprised.

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm 37 and ttc since 5 months ago. This month my period was really weird. It is usually 4 days long and heavy flow the first and second day. This month the first day wasn't that heavy and the second day was just spotting and dark brown and then it was gone for two days and since yesterday and today every time I wipe myself there's little bit of light red color on paper. I have light cramping. Last week I felt really dizzy and nauseous. This week not so much but still have headaches. Is this my period or implantation bleeding? I took a pregnancy test on Monday and it was negative. I'm really confused. Has this ever happened to any of you? I made an appt to have a blood test on Friday. Good luck to all of you.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo