Community post

Discussion

testing January 11th anyone want to wait with me x

View Full Post

I started my period 9th of December and I'm due to ovulate on 1st January, I'm testing on the 11th onwards anyone want to wait with me and go through our months together any advice , I have just had a CP and I'm taking folic acid and loads of vitamins to try n make this one stick xx

User ImageUser Image" rel="nofollow">User ImageUser Image

147 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 147 Replies | Last Page

Anyone else have NO symptoms? I have none, 5 dpo I think. Not feeling very positive, but trying not to lose hope, as it is early. Someone get a for me and encourage us all!

9 years ago

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!
I Read this today, research, research research...

(Am a woman possessed! So great thinking Brighton_Rachel, I like your style! I am a POAS maniac! I have just discovered opk's more dips & things to add to the timers, pee cups & calculators - my bathroom looks like a meth lab! Haha!)

An implantation dip is a one-day drop in temperature on a basal body temperature chart, occurring about one week after ovulation. The dip appears during the luteal phase, the time between ovulation and your expected period. Implantation of the embryo usually occurs between days 7 and 11 of the luteal phase, and this is why some people attribute this sudden one-day dip in temperature to implantation.

The dip in temperature may just be slightly lower than the rest of the post-ovulation temperatures, or it may even dip below the "cover line" on a fertility chart. (The cover line is an arbitrary line that the temperatures on average were below before ovulation, but appear on average above after ovulation.)

For some reason this impressed me!
It's wonderful to have some TWW buddies!
Thanks again for the welcome! Looking forward to testing with you aleoslady!

9 years ago

Idk3333.. I know right! I've Totally neglected my FB world for the TTC & TWW forums! It's fab!

This didn't impress me much when I read about the ovulation dip, that happened to me too this morning! Apparently, that dip makes it that I Ovd 1st of Jan! So now not sure whether to keep opk & LH surge hunting or not!

So this is what I read about....
A Dip in Basal Body Temperature After Ovulation
Typically, after you ovulate your BBT will stay elevated for about 12 days. If you notice a dip in basal body temperature after ovulation, this may indicate a problem. You may have a short luteal phase or a luteal phase defect. This may cause problems if you are trying to have a baby.

Luteal Phase
What is a luteal phase? The luteal phase is the second phase of your cycle, which is triggered by the release of the egg from the follicle. The follicle is now called the corpus luteum and this is what produces progesterone.

Progesterone is necessary to cause the lining of your uterus to thicken, allowing a fertile egg to attach itself and form an embryo. If conception does not take place, the corpus luteum dies and is shed from your uterus when you have your period.

Short Luteal Phase
Normally, the luteal phase lasts from 12 to 14 days. A luteal phase that is shorter will not allow for enough progesterone to be produced in order to sustain a pregnancy. If your BBT chart shows a drop too soon after ovulation, you should consider also using an ovulation predictor kit along with your chart so you can show the results to your doctor. A luteal phase that is 10 days or less indicates that you may not be able to successfully conceive.

Not impressed! so, then I found this....
Q: My temperature dropped for a day in the luteal phase, does that mean this cycle is a bust?

A: Not unless it stays down. Some people have a short drop that may go well below the coverline that is a secondary estrogen surge (which may be accompanied by mucus).

I'm so new at all this, it's tricky to know what to think! GL to all of us & fingers crossed for those

9 years ago

I think I'm out this month. Just got a BFN on a ClearBlue digital.

I'm trying to think about it positively. At least I can spend a couple of weeks getting rid of those Christmas pounds!

to all of you! I hope to see some BFPs in the coming weeks on here!

9 years ago

Welcome Faithfulgrace! I hope you get your BFP! Here's hoping you get nausea instead of having your pain return. (Only on a forum like this would I wish someone nausea, lol!)

madelinesmommy I wouldn't worry too much about no symptoms yet. I try not to think too much about symptoms until after implantation. (Easier said than done!)

floatingmadly Thanks for doing some research! I'm pretty sure we found some of the same stuff because it looked kind of familiar. I think what I had was a corpus luteum dip. I guess that just means that the estrogen drops off and the corpus luteum takes over producing progesterone, which causes a temporary dip. I was hoping to see my temp climb this morning but my dd had a bad bloody nose in the middle of the night, and by the time I got back to bed there was only an hour and a half until testing time. I had a feeling my temp wouldn't be what I hoped and I was right. It only went up .06 degrees. Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

Brighton_Rachel I'm sorry about the BFN! FX you're not out yet. If nasty old AF does show up though I know there's an October 2015 babies forum that was recently started. GL!!!

9 years ago

Sorry I haven't been posting lately! Trying to patiently wait out the tww. New Year's Day my husband came down with a virus, and Friday I picked something up. I'm still fighting the fever, chills, cough, etc. needless to say, I can't track symptoms with all the other junk happening in my body:( 9dpo, and I took a hpt tonight with a bfn. I thought when I looked at it again it may have been a faint faint faint positive, but I'm not sure. I'll keep waiting, though, since I'm still kind of early. Still reading all your posts! in your tww ladies!!!

9 years ago

idk3333- LOL and thanks. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I am a POAS addict. So, bfn for now. I guess my early 8 dpo bfp with my daughter feeds that desire. It happened once... Symptoms just started that only happen when I am pregnant. I'm trying not to read into it though. I only have leg cramps when I'm pregnant and they started last night. I have...tmi...sweet smelling cm, which started this morning. Last night I woke up every 2 hours to use the restroom. I stopped drinking around 7pm the night before.

We will see. With my two ds I got my bfp 15-16 dpo. I'm 8 dpo today. My heart is so full of hope for all you ladies. I know your sweet babies will love you endlessly when they arrive.

DS 11, one mc, DD 5, DS 2cheer]

9 years ago

Oh, my breasts are tingly with a "let down" sensation. They are achy like they have the flu. lol It's not the normal O and af pain.

DS 11, one mc, DD 5, DS 2cheer]

9 years ago

Brighton_Rachel, that beta HCG is a tricky little sucker... I just saw that someone got their first BFP @ CD37! Incredibles!
So you never know!

Nharty09, I hope you're feeling better soon... Did you post the fainty to the gallery? Would love to see!

Idk3333 who knew that our bods were so sensitive to the slightest change in routine? Hope you're DD is ok!

FaithfulGrace, I too am a POAS maniac.. All sounding really promising! Hope you get

9 years ago

Floatingmadly - I didn't post it because when I pulled it out of the trash my nail scraped across it so it left a line oops!

AFM - Feeling better today. My fever broke this morning, but I still have a horrible cough and very sore. I wouldn't know a symptom if it hit me in the face at this point lol. I thought about testing this morning, but talked myself out of it. I'd rather wait and see if the witch comes before I test so I don't get my hopes up. AF is due Wednesday or Thursday I think. Last month she showed at 13dpo.

for all you ladies!! Testing time is getting close!! Stay positive!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo