Community post

Discussion

Faint positive on FRER, neg digital

Hello!
I am TTC my first baby and I was so excited to see a very faint-crazy person-squinting line on my FRER test with FMU at 9 dpo. I took another FRER this morning (10 dpo) and got a little darker of a line! I was so excited, then this afternoon still at 10dpo I took a clear blue digital and got a negative :( I will take another digital with FMU tomorrow but I'm so scared it is going to be a chemical pregnancy. AF isn't due until Sunday. Has anyone else gotten a faint positive then get a negative on a digital?

Thanks ladies!

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi,
DON'T PANIC!!! Most digital tests are 50mlu and won't show up until a few days after an early pregnancy test. Clear blue digital with weeks is slightly more sensitive at 25mlu so should show sooner than others. If you were having a chemical your other line would disappear too. Collect your urine in a cup and test with frer that way you can 're test the same sample and compare.
Good luck and keep us updated

7 years ago

Thanks for the words of encouragement Kerzie!
I took another clear blue digital this morning and got another negative, but I also took another FRER and got a line that is a little darker still! I am not due for AF until Sunday but it's so hard be patient. I'll take another FRER tomorrow morning and if it is darker than this mornings I will dip another digital. I also made a doctors appoint but it's not until 10/25. I've just read so much online about how common chemical pregnancys are and with testing so early I would know about mine. I will keep you posted! I'm just dying to see "pregnant" on a digital test!

7 years ago • Post starter

Sounds like this might be it for you but won't congrat you until you get your digital result, how exciting!!!!!

7 years ago

Well I just wanted to give an update that my fear was confirmed and it did end up being a chemical pregnancy. I was getting faint pregnancy tests all week last week (Monday-Saturday) with my one on Saturday being fainter than the days before. I never got a positive on a digital. I started to bleed on Monday (so just one day later than I was expecting AF) even though I know chemical pregnancies are extremely common i have been really sad and having a hard time dealing with it. My husband and I plan on trying right away this cycle. I've heard a rumor that women are more fertile after a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage? Does anyone know if that is true? Thanks!

7 years ago • Post starter

The same thing happened to me in April of 2015. Faint positive on First Response (the 5/6 days early) test and a neg on Clearblue digital. Went in for a blood test which confirmed that I WAS pregnant but within a few days I began bleeding and I also had a chemical pregnancy.

My doctor told me that even with a chemical pregnancy, you should still wait 1 whole cycle before TTC again, in order to give your body some extra time to recover. BUT, I've heard of instances where women got pregnant the following cycle and had a baby successfully.

Ultimately it's up to you and what you think is best for your body.

Best of luck! Our rainbows are within reach!!!

User Image User Image User ImageUser Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo