Community post

Discussion

Encouragement, tips, being needy...

TL:DR - I am feeling down because we have been trying and even though my periods are as regular as clockwork I'm not getting positives on ovulaion test or even a line at all.

I have been trying for 4 months (trust me, the logical me knows this is nothing) and so far not even a hint of anything.

This month we started tracking ovulation with strips. I am CD15 and my ovulation sticks are like whiter than snow. I have gotten the faintest of test lines on 2 of them but other than that... nothing.

My sister in law got pregnant after 3 months of trying and is due to deliver in January and I think it's making me sad. I feel like if we don't conceive soon, I'm some kind of failure. Like I'm not as good as her. I already know that everything I experience in my pregnancy (whenever it happens) will be compared to hers and now with the actual baby on the way I feel like my pregnancy is going to be back burner if it ever happens.

Sorry I know this post is a lot of QQ and stuff but I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong. We have tried going at it like rabbits, tried timing it, not timing it... It's just I feel like a failure. Like how could I suck so bad that I can't get pregnant.

Again, I know 4 months isn't that long but what has me most worried now is that I'm not seeing any ovulation on my tests. Only testing once a day though.

As far as periods go, I've literally been able to set a clock by my period. I always get it on the evening of the 29th day around 5pm. Literally without fail. I guess I assumed that this would also indicate regular ovulation? Am I wrong. I don't know.

Sigh, any encouragement, tips, answers would be welcome. We are also going to try Pre-seed this month. I've heard good things... idk. Sorry just feeling a little down.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Keep your chin up!

Have you seen the Dr about the possibility that you don't ovulate? A period doesn't require ovulation. (Been there, done that. :/ ) If so, there are SO many options! Lots of different medications and supplements to help improve your chances of ovulating.

If that's not the case... And I say this from experience... Stop. Trying.
My ex-husband and I tried for the longest time. Even a year on fertility medications and him being tested for infertility. We used OPKs and DTD'd like there was no tomorrow. And it never happened. (Long story shourt, it was a good thing it didn't.) We divorced and I got re-married. My new husband and I tried for two years. Nothing. Then we gave up. With my PCOS causing irregular cycles and no ovulation, I'd nearly accepted the fact that I wasn't going to be a mom. Then one day, out of the blue, I stopped in at a Rite Aid, picked up a test and took it in the middle of the afternoon. I was floored. I hadn't seen in months but I got my !

Now we are trying for #2 and keeping it laid back. It'll happen when it should. The stress often keeps it from happening. For now, just enjoy your time with your SO!

to you!!!

9 years ago

I agree that you could think about getting tested to see if you actually ovulate. Good luck!

9 years ago

I think that 3 months is a little early to stop trying but I am going to figure out this ovulation thing. I got 3 different brands of OPK tests this month and they all said diferent things. Equate and dollar store both registered LH and showed surge... first response stayed snow white the whole time.

The other thing we did this month was use preseed. I think i've been dryer than I even realized. Preseed made it amazing and I didn't feel like i had just tried to start a small fire down there.

Idk I was so hoping this was our month ... but idk now.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo