Community post

Discussion

SO doesn't want to try again after 2 losses in a row.

Just ovulated and SO just wouldn't "go there" with me. He said it's too much to deal with and .. whatever.
I have one 2 and 1/2 yo and it took me till age 34 to be able to have her. I just want her to have a sibling and now it looks like that's not gonna happen. This is really disheartening.
Anyone else in the same boat? Or has been and SO changed his mind?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I feel your pain. I had five with my ex and then 5 years ago we had to leave him due to domestic violence. I remarried two years ago and at age 39 we decided to try for a child together. We had a mis. in 2013 and one about three mos. ago. Now there are times my DH is not sure he wants to continue trying. I have my moments where I think I should just give up as well. I am after all now over 40 and already have 4 teens and a 9 year old. I love the kids I have and am so grateful for them all, but I do understand that desire to have more because I have it too. Many of my friends are older now (in their 50s and 60s). Do you know what they always tell me? They tell me to keep trying as they all wish they had more children and had not quit trying. The thing is, if it works I do not believe we will ever regret trying but if we give up now, there might be regrets later. Perhaps give it some time and then explain it that way. For me, this perspective has helped both of us to make the decision to keep trying. Best of luck and sending baby dust your way!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo