Community post

Discussion

Confusing Cycle & Symptoms -- 2 Day Period

TLDR: Strange and short early period a couple cycles after having a D&C for a miscarriage. Experiencing same symptoms as miscarriage cycle, and similar unusual bleeding. Getting negative tests.

I've had a couple cycles after having a D&C earlier this year. They were pretty normal, but more painful. I'm in my early 20's and have always had regular periods, so I don't think could have anything to do with being too young or too old.

My last period was the 25th of August. This cycle I got my period four days early. Or what I thought was my period. It was bright red and only lasted two days, but I had enough to use tampons. However the third day I woke up and there was no blood. Later that day I had a bit more blood and then that night I had very watery discharge that had a red/pink tint because of prior bleeding.

Before this "period", I developed acne in various, unusual places and suddenly. I've had headaches, unusual bowel movements (I keep switching from very constipated to very loose), lower back pain, cramps, gassy, breasts that start hurting, just generally achy, and nausea. I've also felt more tired than usual, but that might just be grasping at straws.

I'd say about six days before this "period" I was out at a restaurant and before my food came, I suddenly had fairly intense lower abdomen pain I've never experienced before. I couldn't eat much and went home. And again, since then, I've had on and off cramping, but nothing severe.

I've taken a few pregnancy tests (mostly Wondfos) and am getting negatives (now one day after my expected period date). What scares me is that my miscarriage cycle, I had many of these same symptoms and also bled early, but less than I have now and up until that point I also did not get a positive result. I didn't test in that cycle until almost two weeks later and had a very strong positive, so I don't know when I would have first started testing positive.

1. Am I having another miscarriage?
2. Am I a weird, minority person who just doesn't test until later regardless?
3. Am I sick or suffering from some hormonal imbalance?

Any insight appreciated.

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi hunny..my journey is a little different to yours but my last cycle was also 25th of August and I'm also waiting on AF to show her ugly face..I had 2days of light brown spotting on 12/13dpo..I'm on fertility meds and having ultrasound so I know I ovulate cd 17..anywho I have been testing since 12dpo and not even a hint of a second line..I have been having symptoms similar to you the information am on alot of meds so in my case it could be them..when are you planning on testing??I pray you get your BFP xx

7 years ago

Thanks. I hope you get a positive too.

This morning I tested, BFN. But I still feel off. Weird lwg pain, back of neck feels numb and weird, sore breasts, headache, queasy. If things get worse I plan on gping to the doctor. Probably isnt pregnancy for me but something is definitely off. :(

7 years ago • Post starter

Aww was hoping you might have got lucky today..I would definitely go to the doctor if I was you ...if you not feeling well and negative tests your doctor will probably do bloods at least then you have an answer either way if there's something else going on it might be getting in your way of ttc...I didn't test this morning I JUST CAN'T ANYMORE..weirdest thing EVER happened last night..DH and I were DTD(try and bring on AF) and I got the worst motion sickness..I never get sick not even on a boat..I'm spotting today so putting it down to the meds..
Xx

7 years ago

Did you end up getting your period?

I've had no more bleeding since my first post. But I still have weird pains everywhere and today I'm so exhausted I cannot even function. Still sore breasts, weird bowel problems, back pain and abdomen pains that come and go, headaches, loss of appetite and can't eat much. Negative test. No fever or anything to make me think I have flu.

I'm done testing but I'm at a loss for what is wrong with me. I feel silly even making an appointment -- yeah, doctor, I have a zillion random little things wrong with me all of a sudden?

I'm trying to drop the idea I am pregnant but it is hard to not feel that way when I feel that way. And I keep googling and finding people who did not get a positive test for weeks. I realize that isn't likely though. Ugh!

I wouldn't say it's unlikely hun our body's are unique in there own little ways..you still have no AF so maby you are one of the lady's who need bloods to show positive..and I definitely wouldn't feel silly making an appointment with the doctor..mainly because of your history..I made the mistake of that before turns out I had an Ecoli infection that nearly killed me in the end (I didn't want to BOTHER) my doctor..doc in the hospital gave out stink saying pain is the body's way of telling us something is wrong and that's what the doctor is there for..think about that one..you may need something to bring on AF at least then you can move onto next cycle..
I started AF yesterday I've been crying like a baby LITERALLY..time to dust myself off now start on Clomid again this evening..let me know how you get on..good luck..

7 years ago

I´m sorry, I hope you have better luck this cycle. :(

Thanks for the encouragement. I called the doctor today but am waiting back to hear about scheduling an appointment. I felt stupid, describing all these pregnancy-esque symptoms but then saying "But I'm not pregnant."

Two days ago I felt the worst I ever felt. I felt achey and tired enough to think I was getting the flu. Still I don't have a fever or any other symptoms of being sick.

My headaches are even worse and almost constant. I have no history of headaches. And my lower back keeps cramping and really hurts. Neck hurts and is stiff, random pains in legs, arms, fingers.

Today I'm again... exhausted. I find it hard to eat much food at one time. I can never eat a cookie after a meal now which is unheard of for me!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo