Community post

Discussion

Embarrassing topic but need answers

Three questions, the first one being quite embarrassing:
1) Confirmed I was pregnant and now have rectal bleeding when I go #2. I looked this up and as long as it is bright red it is most likely hemorrhoids/piles, etc... and it is not actually in my stool (it is the dark red, mucusy stuff you need to worry about) but this is still worrying me. I have read a lot of forums with other women that have had this but this seems to be the ultimate pregnancy website. Any thoughts?
2) I never had any implantation bleeding of any kind. Is this normal?
3) I called my Doctors office and they absolutely refused to schedule me until I was 8 to 10 weeks along. This makes sense to me but don't they usually at least have you come in to confirm with a blood test in the beginning?

All feedback is appreciated!!!
Thanks!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi and Congrats!!!!
I'll try and help with your queries!
1) Pregnancy causes an increase in blood circualtion which means that we can be more prone to bleeding bottoms / gums / noses etc during pregnancy (nice huh?) As the veins in your rectal area are quite close to the surface they can be easily damaged at this time and cause bleeding. As you said if it's bright red and not in your stools then no need to worry!

2) Implantation bleeding is quite common but doesn't happen with every pregnancy. Even those who have experienced it for one pregnancy might not have it in the next and visa versa.

3) I would have expected your docs to confirm with a blood test to start with, this may depend on where you live though (can you go to another doctor?)

You might find it useful to join the sister site as well, Countdown My Pregnancy (link is at the bottom of the page). Good Luck and Happy and Healthy 9 Months!!!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo