Community post

Discussion

I hate waiting!

I'm new to the site, but needed someone to talk with. I don't want to get my family involved until I know for sure that I am pregnant. My husband and I decided to give it a try the morning of January 1st. This was 3 full days past ovulation (according to the average). My husband was sure that did the job, so we're testing his theory and haven't had intercourse since that ONE time. I have had major fatigue, several trips to the bathroom during the work day (which is VERY rare for me to have to take), slight tenderness of the breasts starting today. I bought of diarrhea yesterday... and all in all just feels like my overall body is focused on my tummy area. My dogs are even laying on my tummy, something they never do. I know the "odds" are against me only having the one time, but I just have a feeling it worked and that I'm pregnant. Am I crazy? I can take a test on Wednesday, the day my period is due. Oh, and by the way, my periods over the last six months have been very heavy and long - 7 days, sometimes even 10 days, so I'm not sure if that would push my ovulation date further than the average 14 days. My last cycle was a full 7 days. oh - I'm 36 years old. Thoughts?

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi! OMG I had sex on NYE and I am feeling the same way... I get chills feel exhausted been peeing like crazy.. My abdomen hurts and all that.. I bought a clear blue preg test today and came out positive!
Maybe if u do too your hcg might already be present! Good luck!

Ohh btw clear blue can detect the preg hormone from 5 days before your AF.

12 years ago

Are you serious!? Congrats!! Was it a faint positive or CLEAR positive?? I just don't want to be disappointed if its too early. Congrats to you though!! I'll let you know how it turns out!!

12 years ago • Post starter

It was faint but I think hcg is present between 6 and 10 days after ovulation that's when implantation happens I think.. or something like that u can read it in the calculator.

12 years ago

hi i hate this waiting too. im 11 dpo, had sex on dec 25 and 28th, have had sharp shooting cramps in lower pelvic area everyday since that wont go away. i think my boobs feel fuller but not tender at all. i gagged when brushing my teeth a couple days ago, and i notice i have the urge to swallow saliva a lot in the evenings, i think i am peeing more than usual. i am 39 and this would be my 4th pregnancy. although i have not been pregnant for 16 yrs. since this one was planned im all freaked out and not used to this waiting stage. took a 1st response 6 days sooner test yesterday and got a neg

12 years ago

I completely understand Lilqtee.. it's been a while for me as well. I took a home pregnancy test this morning and it was negative as well. :-(. I'm hoping it's just a bit too early. Wishing you luck. Let us know.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo