Community post

Discussion

Please I need advice

So last Friday I had three bleeds throughout the day (when I went to the loo)
They did a beta hcg test which showed my hcg was 39 (I always have low hcg in pregnancy)
The bleed stopped the same evening
Monday I attended EPU for another blood test which showed my hcg dropped to 25
So today Wednesday I took another hpt that's a 25 mlu and it came up positive how can this be ? Surely my hcg should of dropped more since Monday ?
Any advice welcome
Thanks in advance xx

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Some pregnancy tests (ie FRER) show a positive when the urine has an hcg at >6.something. So even though yours is dropping it will likely still be +until the level is very low.

9 years ago

This test I've used today is a 25mlu hospital test which is why I'm confused because my hcg was 25 on Monday therefore a 25 mlu test should be negative today surely
Thank you for responding xx

9 years ago • Post starter

I suffered a miscarriage back in August & for a few days thought it was just spotting as I was taking tests everyday all of which were positive. Strange that its picked up the hormone when it's decreased but the tests are so temperamental it's hard to know!! I hope you're okay my thought are with you it's such a sad thing to go through xxx

9 years ago

Thank you it's awful isn't it , don't feel like I've miscarried though as I bled for less than a day and no clots .
People keep telling me it should of been more so I'm confused, having bloods taken again on Monday so we'll see where my hcg is at
Thank you for replying xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo