Community post

Discussion

Feeling discouraged during tww of 2nd IUI

Hello all,
I am 10 dpiui #2 and I don't know why but this time I am just not feeling it. The first IUI we did I treated my body like it was pregnant the whole tww; I didn't drink any alcohol or coffee, ate the pineapple core, laid with my butt in the air for almost two full days, tracked symptoms everyday, the whole 9 yards.

The reason we have to do IUIs is bc I have PCOS and we have to use donor sperm since we were unsuccessful in fixing my husbands extremely low sperm count and mobility. We used the same donor for both times, the first time I had two follicles after two rounds of Fermara (the first 5 day cycle didn't do enough) and 10mm lining. Our donor sperm count was 85 million with 80% mobility. We though it all looked good. Then my lady time showed up naturally.

My husband didn't want to waste a "natural" cycle (normally I take progesterone to even get my period) so this time I got 3 follicles with only one round of Fermara. Triggered on a Thursday evening, did the IUI at about 10 am on a Saturday. Our donor sperm was 70 million with 70% mobility.

This cycle we agreed that I was going to act naturally; drink in social situations, drink coffee when I need it, etc. we also weren't going to obsessively count down the days.

Now I'm 10 days into it and I feel nothing. I'm not excited, I don't feel anxious to take a test, nothing. I feel bad almost about it. I could use a little encouragement, anyone ever "not feel it" and had success? Especially in their 2nd IUI cycle.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I have never had an IUI, to be honest I am not entirely sure what that even means, however I do know what its like to want a child more than anything and get pregnant enjoy it for a short time and then lose it. Twice actually. Both times I just KNEW I was pregnant, I felt it .. and was careful with everything I did. This time I didn't have any true significant signs. This cycle I had thrown trying out the window, had some wine enjoyed my husband and just relaxed. I know, I know its a cliche but its true. I just relaxed. I had a sneaky suspicion when I was 10 DPO ( my breast were mildly tender from ovulation right through) and thought what the heck I'll just test. And I did and it was positive. Didn't get too excited but kept testing every few days and it got stronger and stronger. I know I didn't go through the same thing as you but I can tell you right now that every pregnancy is different. I have no morning sickness or crazy symptoms (knock on wood) and I am approaching my 8th week. Maybe it will kick in later but so far so good. Please don't get discouraged, don't give up just because you don't "feel" it. Just breath .. let go ... enjoy the moments until you get your BFP. If you ever need an ear you can shoot me a message. I want to know how it goes and keep me posted. But remember ... BREATH.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo