Community post

Discussion

41 and bfp

This doesn't appear to be an active group, but just wanted to see if there were any other newly pregnant ladies in their 40s. I just found out (I'm 13 DPO), so I am still in shock. I had started charting my cycle with a new app recently, and had sex two days before ovulation and one day after ovulation. Then I got sick, so I wasn't even thinking about possibly being pregnant. But as soon as my breasts started feeling sore, I got suspicious.

If anyone wants to be pg 40 + buddies, let me know. :) Also, if anyone has any questions about my cycle or anything, let me know. I am so not the poster child for the person you'd think would get pregnant at this age-- I work a lot, always a bit stressed, drink wine almost daily (well, I used to), eat quite a bit of junk food (but I do walk every day, and have an overall positive attitude). :)

Baby dust to you all who are TTC'ing!

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Congratulations!

My husband and I just decided to go for #3. I am 40, and have 7 and 5 year old daughters. We were going to chart and I was going to get in better shape before trying in January, but then we just went for it. I am 8DPO, and have frequent urination, gas, tender breasts...it all feels very familiar but I know it could all be in my head. To get pregnant the first try at 40, would be crazy lucky.

I had an easy time conceiving the first two so you never know, but I am not getting my hopes up until monday when AF is due.

But, you give me hope!

9 years ago

That's so lovely to hear I hope it all goes well! :). I am 40 in two months and we are trying for number 4 for me, number 1 for him. I was hopeful as I don't feel over the hill and my youngest is 2.5 but I'm now on cycle 4 and my periods are weird. I've been having brown spotting cycle day 8-12 and two nights ago on cycle day 10 after dtd I discharged some rusty coloured fluid with thumbnail sized clots. WTH?? I've got a gynaecologist appt coming up next week but now I'm terrified! Have you had period issues? I'd love to hear from someone my age who might have some words of comfort for me. :)

9 years ago

Hi ladies!

Clarkebaby, hi there! It sounds like you are having some positive symptoms! Keep me posted! I had/have similar ones. Like when I notice I need to pee, it is suddenly this urgent feeling that almost hurts. And it comes out of nowhere! I got my first bfp on 11 dpo, so you're getting close!! I think we often have a sense if we're pregnant as women, and its often just based on a couple of very subtle things, like my pee tends to smell different (I've noticed that both times I've been preggers, sorry if TMI!). :) Good luck and baby dust to you!

Maggic, hello, sorry to hear you're anxious about what's going on with the bleeding. ! Do you think you might be having implantation bleeding? The only time I've had weird bleeding was when I had a benign cyst on my ovary and it ruptured. It didn't hurt or anything, and it resolved itself soon after I got it checked out by the doctor. I hope you get some reassuring answers at your appt! Keep me posted!! Btw, I usually have pretty heavy periods for at least one day out of my cycle, and often have clots, which are freaky, but from what I've read, just old tissue getting cleaned out. Our bodies are miraculous yet strange! :) best of luck at your appt, and lots of baby dust to you!

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks serenity now for your kind answer. I will def keep you posted. I'm cycle day 12 now so trying to fit in bd is on my mind to stop me worrying too much. Funny you mentioned about smelly pee, whenever I've been up the duff I've always thought my pee smelt like a racehorse at best or a men's urinal at worst! Lol

9 years ago

Congratulations on the BFP!

User Image

9 years ago

Hello serenitynow,
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am 48 and almost at 7 weeks. We can be pg 40+ buddies if you like. It is a very special blessing to become pregnant at 40+.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo