Community post

Discussion

My body just doesn't feel right.

Hey Ladies,

I had a miscarriage in July and it was managed by surgery. 5 months later my body still feels flat. It took 6 weeks to get my first period and I was very keen to start trying again which I did the first month. It's hard to explain but I feel like my body is dead and just going through the motions of having a period. No enlarged boobs, no pmt no nothing. Just start bleeding without any warning. I feel as if I have no hormones. I do feel ready to try again emotionally but for some reason my body seems to have gone to sleep.

I will say tho that I stopped trying after the first month because I needed antibiotis for a few weeks.

I'm thinking maybe I have some sort of hormonal imbalance?

Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Joanne

Joanne

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hormones make ur body have periods and so far, ure back on track? Ur body hormones seem fine. Now ur emotional state is a different story. So what do u mean ur body is asleep? Like ure not getting turned on by ur partner? (Which is more of a mental thing) As for no enlarged boobs or warnings...ur body could have changed from the miscarriage. And honestly, isnt that a good thing? Doesnt sound pleasant.

9 years ago

I know your post is 5 weeks old but I just wanted to let you know that I had a d&c on Christmas eve after losing my baby at 7 weeks and I feel exactly the same. I've physically healed from the op but I just feel lifeless. I don't want to eat or drink and I sleep all day. I feel like I'm dying some days. Like my body is just going through the motions. My breasts feel flat and I don't feel very womanly anymore.

I think we just need a little time to heal emotionally and a little more physically. I hope we both get our rainbow babies very soon!

9 years ago

Hi there Jasmine.

I'm so sirry to hear if your heartbreaking news, even at 7 weeks as we were both were it is still truly devastating

I think you understand how I felt, I was emotionally ready to try again but my body felt hormoneless (I made that word up). :-)

I can now say that this month I have started to feel different, I feel like I have a bit of fire in me, my CM is back to normal, I fly off the handle at my partner (normal for me) my boobs feel more full and womanly and just today I got my first positive ovulation in what feels like forever. My body took it's time to get there and yes it does feel like it's taken forever but hopefully things are on the up.

I hope you start feeling more alive and your body stop's moping around and catches up with your brain real soon.

Thank you so much for replying to me, it's nice to know someone understands what I felt like.

He's hoping our rainbows will grace our lives soon. Xx

Joanne

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo