Community post

Discussion

Spotting two weeks before my period

Start of my last period was Aug. 23rd and I had a normal seven day period. I had very light spotting on the September 9th (Two weeks before my period is supposed to start again), nothing at all on the 10th, light spotting again on 11th and then on the 12th I had slightly more blood but not much more than the first two days of spotting. It's now the 15th and I haven't had any bleeding since the 12th and my period is still eight days away. Spotting days the blood was pink/brown and the day I had a little more bleeding, it was more red/brown. My cycles are pretty normal as in if it is off, it's only by one day. I have never had ANY spotting in between my periods so this is different for me! We (my husband and I) are trying to conceive! Has anyone had a similar experience to mine? I took a HPT today and it was a BFN which I expected because I think it's still very early but my curiosity was killing me! Any advice? When should I test? Similar experience and not been pregnant? Ovulation bleeding even though i've never done that before in my life? Is it likely implantation even though it started two weeks before my next period is supposed to start? Thanks in advance! :)

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi,
Ovulation bleeding is usually ewcm mixed with streaks of blood, bit like the raspberry ripple ice cream effect so it doesn't sound like that. If it was implantation bleed and was successful then it should show up over the next few days on a hpt. Make sure to get some really sensitive ones in, 10mlu are best. Check the sensitivity of the one you used as it might not have been sensitive enough.
Good luck and hope you get your bfp

7 years ago

Hi! Thanks for the information! It was a dollar store test that I used so i'm sure it was the least sensitive of them all. I'm still five days away from my period starting so is it common for a dollar store test to still not show anything? I tested again today, September 18th, using another dollar store test and it's still a BFN. I really don't want to spends wads of money on an expensive test until I at least get a questionable result on a cheapo test. I know everybody can feel me on that...

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
Try ordering some cheap 10mlu dip tests from Amazon or ebay, it works out even cheaper and you know the sensitivity. Might be worth ordering a clear blue digital with weeks estimator (it's the most sensitive digital advertised at 25mlu which I think is the same as a dollar store test) too, you can always store it away until you need it.
Hoping you get a nice dark soon,

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo