Community post

Discussion

EWCM and period-like cramping 2 DPO

Hi, I am new to this board. I am trying for a second. First time DH and I got pregnant on our first try without charting etc, but that was five years ago, so I don't remember all the details of early pregnancy. (I do remember in just "knew" before testing... But still later than 2 DPO!)

This time I charted and am 99% sure I ovulated Tuesday, specifically around 1 or 2 pm, as CM was at peak and I felt slight cramping. CM then returned to a small amount, creamy thicker white texture typical for post ovulation. I have always had a textbook 28 day cycle (except for when I had IUD--paraguard--which i had removed earlier this month). I am extremely in tune with my body and slight changes.

I promised myself I would not get obsessive about TTC this time..... Until this morning when I noticed and overabundance of CM. Its white, and coming out in globs and is very stringy, elastic. Very, very wet down there all day. Then this afternoon....period like cramps, which intensified through out the day and no less than 5 BM (bowel movements). And of course now it's all I can think about. I never get mid month cramps like this. Ever. Thought it was waaaaaaaay too soon for early pregnancy symptoms, but after searching online, found lots of women with same symptoms 2 and 3 DPO.

Wondering if others have had these symptoms so early on and whether they wound up being pregnant or not. Still a lot of days left before I can test!

10 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Hi. I'm also TTC baby #2 five years after having our first daughter. It has not been as easy. This cycle I had EWCM 9 & 10 DPO. I'm 14 DPO now (at least I think). It's cycle day 34 for me today ( I normally have a 36 day cycle) I'll let you know if EWCM post ov is a lucky sign when I test this weekend. I feel very out this month. Best of luck to you.

9 years ago

best of luck! Please let me know how it turns out!

9 years ago • Post starter

BFN. Good luck to you.

9 years ago

So sorry to hear that. :-( better luck next month. I'm curious, did you have a lot of trouble TTC #1 or is this a newer issue?

So ur 5dpo by now? Have u gotten any other symptoms? On my last pregnancy, I had globs of cm and bm all day long, cramps also. But by 5dpo I also had sensitive boobs, exhausted, slight nausea, and either hot flashes or chills. Oh its the worst when u have them both at the same time.

9 years ago

Thanks kitten1386 for sharing your symptoms! At what point did you begin having the cramps and CM?

I am 6 dpo as of today! Since those symptoms on Thursday I've had dull cramps on and off, but mainly little twinges/flutters that are happening non-stop. CM dried up for a few days and I noticed it's back today (not as much as it was when I posted it, but small globs).

I have not yet gotten the sore breasts--but I keep checking for them! I know if I do, then I'm DEFINITELY pregnant as the only other time I've ever had that symptom was when I was pregnant with my first.

After posting originally, I had the bright idea to look back on some old g-chats I had with my sister back in 2009 (when I wound up being pregnant with my first), to see if I mentioned anything to her. Lo and behold at 4 dpo I described the same symptoms I had on Thursday. So, so far my symptoms are consistent with my first pregnancy. Still....I don't want to get too excited--and the cramps are not constant, they've become so dull and much less frequent, so I'm wondering if my mind is playing tricks on me.

At 6 dpo, I still have a ways to go before I can test. I didn't get a BFP until 12 dpo last time (although back then I used a digital test on 11 dpo not knowing those were the least sensitive). If 12 dpo is my testing baseline, I still have until this weekend! Gonna be a long week!

At 4dpo all my symptoms started. I looked back at my chart n I was still feeling the cramps at 11dpo. So I dont really remember when they stopped.

Hopefully this is it for u :)

9 years ago

No trouble with my first! It was too easy! We conceived on the first try. Any luck for you this month? BTW, AF still hasn't come an I'm on cycle day 44. My normal is about 35 days long. Arg!

9 years ago

Baby dust your way! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I've been a roller coaster of emotion today. 12 dpo still BFN's. I got a very faint BFP at what I THINK was 12 dpo with my first (although I wasn't charting), so I have been feeling out after not getting one today. But at the same time so confused, because of my symptoms. I just am so regular and I don't get cramps mid cycle (which I've had) and sore breasts are my tell tale pregnancy sign. This week my breasts were so lumpy and sore --exactly like they were when I needed to breast feed and my glands were swollen! Even DH felt the hard lumps with his hand. That just NEVER happens for me. Sore breasts are not a PMS symptom for me.

So... feeling down, I downloaded one of those TTC apps. Well, it says I should have ovulated a day after I thought I did. I only BD'ed on what I thought were 2 and 3 days before O because I was going for a girl. Now I wonder A. if I BD'ed too early. B. if I still have a chance...if I didn't O until a day later, that would make me 11 dpo today instead of 12. C. I still wonder if I actually O'ed when I thought I did due to my CM. My CM indicated I ovluated on the day I thought, but this tracker is saying the additional CM I originally posted about on THIS thread (on what I thought was 2 dpo) may have been my real ovulation date.

Super confused and frustrated. What the heck is going on!? But the bottom line is AF still hasn't arrived, so I guess I'm still in. For now. :-( Will test again in the AM. I already went to the dollar store and bought OPKs for next month... this is not happening again. LOL. Also bought a new thermometer. I started tracking BBT and my battery died mid-month, so I stopped tracking and don't have an idea of my temps.

And the whole trying for a girl, by only doing it three days in advance.... I don't know if I have the stomach or patience for it. When I originally conceived my son, we did it every day of the week I thought I was ovulating and got pregnant first try.....

I wanted to update this thread for anyone else who may read it later, who may have similar symptoms. Also, because I figured out what's going on and wanted to warn others. I apologize up front for the length.

As of today, I am approx. 15 dpo and still BFNs. AF is due today, but nothing yet. I was absolutely sure I was pregnant--based on knowing my body EXTREMELY well and having the EXACT same early symptoms with my first pregnancy. Now I am convinced I am not, even though AF has not showed yet. Here is why: I had my IUD (paragard) removed last month. Initially I did not think this was a big deal, but apparently it is. And apparently the first month symptoms of paragard removal can mimic early pregnancy. Strange, but that's what I found....

Originally I was told that you can get pregnant immediately after having it removed. I did not question this, because I heard it so regularly and the copper IUD, the one I had, has no hormones, so it made sense to me. Now I am learning that is not necessarily the case.

What I have since found is that while in, the IUD thins the uterine lining. After having it removed, it can take months (somewhere in the range of 1-3 from what I gather) for it to become normal again. The thin uterine lining not only can make it initially difficult to conceive, but even if you do there is apparently a greater chance of miscarriage during this time. And, here is something else: When I searched with this in mind and different key words, I found a ton of women experiencing exactly what I experienced: knowing without a shadow of a doubt they were pregnant the month after having Paragard removed, only to find out they were not. Most of the women I read about on forums, etc., seemed to get a BFP within a few months, so it does not appear to be a long term problem.

I am incredibly frustrated. My husband was deployed for months and I only got my IUD out a few weeks before he was set to return. Had I known this information, I could have had it removed months earlier without it affecting our plans to conceive. Now our ideal timeline is screwed with and I feel like this all could have been avoided had I had more information initially. That's what frustrates me the most.

I hope this post helps someone else in a similar situation. Please know that the copper IUD, paragard, CAN mess with your fertility -- at least initially after removal. Also, side note, but something else I wish I knew: I got my IUD in while I was still breastfeeding and hadn't lost much weight yet, and did not lose a pound in the nearly 5 years I had it in. This is despite EXTENSIVE measures including seeing several doctors, going through extensive thyroid screenings, doing high impact kickboxing five times a week, weight watchers, prescription weight loss drugs and even some really crazy crash diets. After all this, I just became totally discouraged and gave up.

After having paragard removed, I immediately started to lose weight (4 lbs first week without trying). They say the copper IUD does not make you gain weight -- maybe that is true, but it certainly prevented me from losing A POUND in the five years I had it in. A google search again comes up with loads of women who've experienced the same thing. I only wish I realized what was happening sooner. My advice is if you want to get an IUD put in, wait until you have lost your baby weight! And if you have one in and want to conceive--take it out well before you're ready to officially start ttc.

Best of luck and baby dust to all.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo