Community post

Discussion

Advice needed, crazy cycle!

Hi C2P community,

I'm back after a long break from the site. I must first warn you that this is going to be quite a long post as I need some advice.

This cycle (my fifteenth cycle of TTC our first child!) we haven't been using OPK's or temps, just trying not to stress too much and forgetting about it (easier said then done right?). So this cycle started as normal day 1 of AF on the 28th of October 2014. AF lasted 5 days as usual. My cycles usually range between 26-28 days but because the last two cycles have been 26 days my calculator put my ovulation date on the 9th of November. Keeping up?

So obviously we baby danced leading up to the 9th and on the 9th and then again on the 12th. After the 12th I didn't bother recording when we bd but I remember wanting to bd more past the 12th than when I thought I was ovulating.

Now I have just been looking through my symptoms in past cycles and nearly all of the symptoms I recorded on DPO 16/17/18 were recorded on DPO 9/10/11 in other cycles. This makes me think that I ovulated a week late around the 16th. Then there is the fact that I was wanting to bd more around this time . Then I had some very minor (hardly noticeable) pink spotting in my CM today which would coincide with ovulating late. Does this sound right? Just going off my symptoms here?

I have taken three clearblue digital tests. One on 13DPO, one on 14DPO and one on 17DPO...all BFN. When should I do another realistically? I HATE doing them because I get REALLY upset when they come up BFN and it makes me so depressed but when I have a pack of them in my drawer it's kind of hard not too. But now I don't have any in the house.

Another thing we did as a bit of fun is my mum went to see a psychic and he said that a baby will be born in July next year from one of her daughters. Now that would make conception last month or this month. One of her daughters is NOT trying (my sister, I asked), I am obviously trying, her daughter in law JUST had a baby girl and isn't trying. My due date (if I am) would be beginning of August and our family is known for early births. My sister in laws little girl was due Oct 8th 2014 and she came on Sep 29th 2014 for example.

So what does everyone think? Anyone want to guess at when I ovulated...9th/12th/16th or any other date?

Me and the OH have both said if AF hasn't arrived by the 29th we will go out and get another test to use on the morning of the 30th.

Fingers crossed and baby dust to all who are TTC. x

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

If all ur numbers r correct and ure usually only 26-28 cycles. I really think ure not pregnant. If for whatever reason ur cycle is suppppper late and u bd perfect timing still, I think u would get at least a faint +. But then again it depends on the hpt u buy. I want to say the clearblue u need at least 100 hcg in ur pee....that's a lot. The cheapo test can pick up as low as 25. Which showed up on my last pregnancy at 9dpo.

9 years ago

Yeah I would guess I ovulated on the 12th looking back at all my notes today. So that would mean I'm 2 days late at the mo. Trying not to stress too much and if AF still hasn't arrived I will pick up a couple different brand tests tomorrow. I've heard the internet cheapies are one of the best around

9 years ago • Post starter

So what ended up happening.....praying u got ut BFP.....I agree looking at the numbers it sounds like you O'd on the 12th. I have to cycle trackers on my phone now. One I have been usinh for years with no luck. It usually is a day or two off with when my cycle will start.(which throws off my O day) I started trying a new one yesterday, I enterted all of my info from old one and the O days are completely different with the new one. Are you using any cycle trackers??

9 years ago

It ended up a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage) :(

Trying again this month and yes I use a cycle tracker on my phone. However due to my irregular cycles the fertile period can vary.

Noticed some fertile CM this evening accompanied by cramps in my right hand side so I think I am ovulating.

Fingers crossed this one is a sticky.

Baby dust to you all.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo