Community post

Discussion

1 Week late.. negative pregnancy test. Help please!

I am officially a week late. I spotted very lightly when AF was due. I'm talking about so light that I didn't even need a liner. I have this pressure feeling on my left pelvic region. I went to my OB/GYN because I was starting to get concerned about an ectopic pregnancy. He was dismissive and said "I probably wasn't pregnant due to the fact that I haven't tested positive on a HPT." he also said that he didn't want to run a blood test because it would be a waste of time and money. I am a little confused with this information. Has this happened to anyone else and still received a positive test well after their period was due? I obviously wont be going back to that OB/GYN.

I know I ovulated on August 23nd due to a positive OPK test and CM. I tested my OPK for a week and it was a clear negative up until that Monday afternoon, and then started to faded again Tuesday evening. AF was suppose to start on Sept. 7th. Had very light Spotting from the 7th - 10th. Then started feeling some pelvic pressure Saturday afternoon and is still present. Its not painful but it is annoying. Feels more like someone is poking me if that makes sense.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I had this a couple of weeks ago. My af was a full week late but I had multiple BFNs. Eventually af showed up and I had a 9 day period. No idea why, or what caused it, but my cycle has since gone back to normal.

Hope everything turns out ok for you. Sometimes these things just get out of whack.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo