Community post

Discussion

TTC since 2007-I'm on the struggle bus right now. Advice?

I'm having a difficult time lately with all these women around me getting pregnant. I work with the public in a chiropractic office, and probably 12-16 women in the past 3 months have gotten pregnant. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here asking what. the. f&ck. Why does it have to take so long for me!?

Even my best friend, who is in her 4th month of an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy, who in the past understood my frustration, has started to get pissed at me for being upset. I'm trying really hard not to ruin anything for her, because now that she knows it's a girl she's excited to have another kid. But for f&ck's sake, is it really necessary to bitch to me every time we talk about how much you hate being pregnant and how awful it is for you and how you can't wait for me to be pregnant so I know how awful it is too? Is it necessary to bitch to your overweight friend, who wants nothing more than a baby, that you've gained 50 pounds and it's just awful to be so fat and have your thighs rub together? Especially when that 50 pound weight gain only puts you at a size 8 in maternity clothes?

I'm just really tired of it. I don't care if it's awful. I look forward to being miserable for 9 months.
I look forward to giving birth, to the pain, to the healing afterwards. It actually hurts my heart to hear women talk about how much they hate being pregnant. At least you have the chance. I'm working my butt off trying to get that chance.

To be fair to my friend, she really does have tough pregnancies. She has GERDS, she pukes a lot (not hyperemesis) but still, a lot. She has arthritis in her lowback so it always hurts anyway, and pregnancy just magnifies it.

But DAMN, the bitter rage just roars through me everytime she complains about stuff. I feel like she's fed up with me being upset for not being pregnant yet, and that's not fair for me at all. PLUS, her oldest friend is pregnant with her first kid, and she didn't even struggle to get pregnant. Now, I feel left out because I'm the only one not pregnant and I just don't fit in with them, plus I've never been close to her friend, although we get along just fine, and I don't really want to be around her and her perfect, glowing pregnancy.

Now that I've vented some of that...has anyone else been through this? Any advice on how to deal and not ruin my friendship?

Thanks

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

You wouldn't be human if you weren't upset. Sounds like you are both struggling a bit emotionally at the moment at opposite ends of the spectrum which is causing a bit of a clash. If you didn't care about each other it wouldn't be such a big deal.
It can be so hard when someone is moaning about the difficulty of pregnancy when it's what you want more than anything. I had to go through an unwanted pregnancy with my niece and support her through a termination so I get where you are coming from but your friend has been supportive to you in the past. If her pregnancy was unplanned then she is bound to be an emotional wreck, add hormones and a horrible pregnancy into the mix and she might not realise that you still need to unload too.
Praying you get your bfp soon and can go through it together

7 years ago

Thank you! Seriously! By the time I was able to read your reply I had calmed down and wasn't feeling so selfish, and it really helped to see it from another person's point of view. Hoping I can continue to be supportive to her and avoid being bitter about anything. So thank you again! Good Luck to you too!

7 years ago • Post starter

We all feel like that sometimes and its good to unload on here than letting it explode and effect your friendship. I'm glad you are feeling better (hormones are a hitch ), anytime you feel it building up we are all here to help.
Long term ttc really sucks when you want it so bad and it can feel like it is rubbed in our face when you see babies everywhere but it will happen. One day that will be you holding your baby and you will treasure every second of it. Hold onto that thought

7 years ago

I had a similar experience with my best friend. DH and I had been trying for nearly a year when she and her hubby went off the pill and 2 months later, bam. BFP for her. Then, we had DH tested and found out his sperm motility was at less than 1%. I didn't say anything to her until the texts started rolling in with her bitching about being pregnant. I just said "well at least you get the opportunity, we found out last night that it may never happen for us, so enjoy this." She got the message and never said anything again. DH and I are currently expecting twins in April after treatment of IVF with ICSI. Maybe get yourself and your hubby tested if you haven't yet to see if there are issues. And if there are, don't panic. The worst part about IVF is the price tag. The process itself isn't that bad. :-)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo