Community post

Discussion

Does everyone get spotting in early pregnancy?

G'Day Everyone, (First Post)

I literally just signed up and my husband and I just started trying this month, so forgive me for my ignorance. I am hoping someone could help a newbie out like myself. According to an Ovulation calculator I ovulated Dec. 22-27, my husband and I were intimate on the 27th and 29th of Dec. I read somewhere that you could still get pregnant on your last day of ovulation and even a few days after because ovulation does not always occur the exact days stated. Is this true? or have we missed the boat this month?

So I think I am 8 dpo and have been feeling crampy, tired, gassy, sore nipples, still unusually wet (Jan 4th), kind of nauseous.

But I haven't had any spotting, does spotting occur in every early pregnancy? When can I test?

Cheers Ladies

User Image

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

i think you'll be okay having sex on the last day of ovulation. especially since youre having symptoms

spotting doesnt occur in every early pregnancy. only some.

id test after you miss your period but thats just me. i dont like to see false negatives.

User Image

12 years ago

Thank you for your reply, I took a test this morning (with Crystal Clear) at 9dpo and there were two lines but one was faint. So then I bought First Response and it was a BFN, so now I'm confused :/ I will post test when I get home and you are right I hate seeing Negatives too.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

What kind of calculator? You ovulate only on one day of your cycle. Do you use Ovulation tests or do you chart your BBT? If you had a faint line it might be positive. Just wait few more days before you test again. Your egg lives up to 24 hrs and sperm lives 3-5 days, so you can get pregnant from sperm left from intercourse 5 days ago, or you can get pregnant on the day of your ovulation. I hope you are pregnant now, but if not start charting your BBT or OPK, so you know when are your 2 most fertile days.
Good luck!!

User Image User Image IUI # 1 JAN 3rd, 2012 IUI # 2 Jan 31st, 2012 IUI# 3 Nov 20th, 2012 femara + HCG trigger hot I folicle - 21mm, uterus lining 8.3 mm Moving on!!! IVF # 1 in progress

12 years ago

Hi Twitybird, I just used a calculator like this one http://www.babycenter.com.au/tools/ovu/results/?_requestid=568481

I am really new to all of this and my hubby and I just started trying so I am learning of all these new things. My period started Dec. 11, I have a normal 28 day cycle therefore I should ovulate between 22 & 27 of Dec? So does that mean I can only get pregnant on one of the the days between 22 & 27? Also, how do I test my BBT is it with a normal thermometer? I am posting a picture of my test now, let me know what you think ;)

Madeline

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo