Community post

Discussion

Could someone help odd cycle?

Hey!

I used to have cycles around 28 days but after birth control I've been having them 33-35 days. My previous one was 33 days and started spotting 30th oct then a bit more heavier 31st oct.

I've been using clearblue digi ovulation tests and got a smiley face on cd 11, if I class this as dpo I'm now on 9dpo? Anyway I started spotting on 6dpo and 7dpo which had stopped yesterday.

I did a test last night just because I had some left over and got a line on it but I went back after the cut off time so it was a brill evap line as this morning I've done frer tests and even cheap test I used last night all neg!

If I do go by my period and ignore the smiley face on cd 11 I should be ovulating now as my fertility app says. My question is am I 9dpo? Or am I ovulating? And what could the spotting be? I've been taking seven seas trying for a baby so I'm a little confused.

Thanks for any help! I'm a newbie so I've came on this site with a bang as my cycles aren't so easy! Haha xx

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I have cycles similar to yours. My cycles are generally 35 days long, sometimes a little shorter, sometimes even longer. When I figure out my ovulation date, I stick to it. That's all you can do when you have a unique cycle. I would say you were 9 DPO whenever you wrote this, but it might take you longer to turn a pregnancy test than someone else because of how tricky it is to know when your ovulation was.

This is what I do. I learned my lesson with my first child. I wasted so many pregnancy tests trying to get a positive because I started before my period was even due. This time, I'm waiting until two weeks after. I know that's a pain, but the negative pregnancy tests can be so disheartening and expensive.

Good luck!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo