Community post

Discussion

New Here- Implantation?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and hoping to find some hope or harsh reality haha. My husband and I are TTC and I have been off of birth control for two weeks. I know this is only our first month trying so I should be more patient, but we had a third trimester loss last year and so this is a very emotional time for us. I've been using the clear blue advanced digital opk and August 25, 2016 it showed me as my peak fertility (aka ovulating). So of course ever since I stopped bc we have been doing the baby dance as much as possible. Yesterday (August 30) I started feeling slight cramps on one side. This morning I woke up to extremely light, almost translucent, pink spotting. It was intermittent for a few hours and now it's gone. My question is, could this be implantation spotting? I've spent hours and hours online researching and the timeline seem to line up for implantation. However, I also realize that perhaps this could be a withdrawal bleed from stopping birth control. I guess I'm looking for someone who has experienced this type of spotting during their first month off of bc that resulted in a positive pregnancy test. That, or I'm hoping to find some insight to give me a little bit of hope or some harsh reality that it probably won't be my month. Any advice or insight would be absolutely appreciated. Thank you!! ~ Lavender

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi,
Have you tried looking at pictures of implantation bleeding (ib) in the gallery of this site? If you read the comments posted a lot update if they get a bfp or not making it easier to compare yours.
I hope it is ib for you and that you get your bfp

7 years ago

Kerzie, no I haven't looked at that!! I'll have to search around on this site until i find it. Maybe I can use that to keep me sane hehehe thank you!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hey,
I'm feeling like im in the same boat.
How do I get onto the gallery to see the pictures of implantation?
Thanks x

7 years ago

I never thought implantation was too common, but it certainly is!
I went to the bathroom one evening, 2 days before my expected period, and saw some light pink spotting. I assumed it was just the pre-spotting before my period (not uncommon for me). But turns out, I'm pregnant, found out days later.

But according to some things I've heard or seen, everyone's implantation looks to be a little different to me. mine was light pink, but some people report brown/dark red in discharge form.

You never know! Good luck!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo